DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought my ram almost 2 months ago. Its got a 5" pro comp lift on it with 35s. I wanna go higher with tax return money if not sooner. I don't know to much about lifts. Im more of a mini trucker and have built a few trucks/cars with air and hydraulic suspension. I don't wanna do a body lift, so any suggestions on what I should do for a bigger suspension lift??

Attachments

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
the only suspension lifts made over 6 inches are made by full throttle suspension and whiplash....and both kits are pure crap, terrible engineering on both of them

other than that u can always go custom........

my advice....leaf spring replacement up front with 2.5 ton axles and some 50's :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ya i agree with John,

I think full throttle and whiplash makes up to 12" of a suspension lift. But i have always heard for years now they are pure junk aswell. A body lift is really one of your best options to add more height.

But then again i like the way John thinks with some 2.5 tonne rockwells axles and a custom suspension lift. :rck:

·
Registered
126 Posts
vengonair said:
Well I bought my ram almost 2 months ago. Its got a 5" pro comp lift on it with 35s. I wanna go higher with tax return money if not sooner. I don't know to much about lifts. Im more of a mini trucker and have built a few trucks/cars with air and hydraulic suspension. I don't wanna do a body lift, so any suggestions on what I should do for a bigger suspension lift??

Kelderman makes a 8"-10" that you can fit 40" tires on, but you would spend over $10,000. It is totally adjustable, all air bags. I am going to go this way next year sometime.

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
01-0471 said:
Kelderman makes a 8"-10" that you can fit 40" tires on, but you would spend over $10,000. It is totally adjustable, all air bags. I am going to go this way next year sometime.

damn i totally forgot about kelderman

theres the most lift from a decent company.....expensive though, if thats not an issue i'd def. go with kelderman

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
why not crank the TB's and get bigger blocks/leafs for the back for a couple inch boost

·
Registered
713 Posts
It's a 2500, so it has coils, no T bars.

·
Registered
713 Posts
john.colorado said:
sorry to hijack....are u doing the toys for tots caravan ???
I might, depends on the weather though... forecast says lots o snow on Wed and Thurs and then low 30s thru the weekend. I'd just as soon stay off I-25 and drop off the toys locally rather than battle billybaddass in his SUV. :D
Do you know where the meeting places are for the caravan this year?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RAJ said:
put 2"spacer or go with the 10" fts we have put 2 of them already and they are great kits
Is that the lift you have on yours??

Anyone have a bodylift? Hows the ride quality??

Ive already thought about fabing up an air or hydro setup for it. I already have enough parts in the garage for all the air management. Anyone know the exact price on the kelderman kit though?

·
Registered
126 Posts
vengonair said:

Ive already thought about fabing up an air or hydro setup for it. I already have enough parts in the garage for all the air management. Anyone know the exact price on the kelderman kit though?
I was at kelderman a couple of weeks ago, and he said installed would be about $14,000. I think the kit is $6200 then the air management is $3000 then the bilstein 7100 are another $1000 ( I think). I don't have the prices in front of me so don't qoute me on these. Here is a pic of a mega cab on 40's

Attachments

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
vengonair said:

On my 1500 i have a whiplash, i wish i would have gone with fts, and for my new truck dont know what i want to do, its either the fts 10" with 20x12 with 37 or the superlift 6" with 20x12 and 33, but if i were you i would go with the 2"spacer and a skyjacker 5"pitmen arm and you'll be set

·
Registered
183 Posts
john.colorado said:
my advice....leaf spring replacement up front with 2.5 ton axles and some 50's :D
Why leaf springs? This goes against everything I thought I knew. Then again I come from a Jeep TJ so I might be biased towards coils. My understanding is that coils provide a better ride and more flex. I believe Tuff Country makes a 6" lift for the 2500.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.