DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, it's a sad day for the greenie meanie. my grandfather passed away recently and my grandmother decided to GIVE my father and i his 06 tundra. dad said either he would sell his truck or i would sell my truck and drive the yota. seeing how my dads dak is only 2 years old and could get decent resale in a couple more years, and my truck is 9 years old and only worth about 7, i don't really have too much of a choice. dad said it was up to me but i know money is tight (and 8 mpg w/ my truck isn't helping out) and i think it would be a better investment for me to get rid of my truck and drive the yota around for another year or so.

ive thought about this long and hard but i think it's time to say goodbye.

now, i love this truck, more than any other vehicle i've ever had, and am going to miss it DEARLY. i would rather see it go to someone far far away so maybe i will never see it again, than to someone around here and find it in the lake bottom torn to shit. i might buy it back if i see that.

i don't know a thing about toyota motors, trannys, accessories, nothing...so i have to start all over with learning and working on this truck.

any of you guys know a good toyota forum? i guess i have to find a new home:bawl:

sorry for the long post but figured i'd share my story...

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
well i have a couple questions do you owe anything on your truck if not keep it and drive the other you can build a real screammer also sorry for your loss

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it's paid off but i can barely afford to keep this truck up, much less two..

but ive made my choice...goin to pick up the truck tomorrow and transferring all my shit into the yota..dammit :D

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
sorry to hear that i hope ya find a good home for it maybe someone here will buy it and keep it in the family so to speak

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i sure hope so, im already sick that i have to sell it but i might blow up if i see some spoiled 16 year old kid beatin the shit out of it....

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You'll need to learn how to work on you new truck. :D You'll be back when you realize the mistake you have made. Good luck

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll need to learn how to work on you new truck. :D You'll be back when you realize the mistake you have made. Good luck
oh you can bet your happy ass i'll be back:D

but it'll be awhile from now, gotta come up with the funds to get a new one which'll most likely be a 3rd gen hemi..but thats probly gonna be a year or more so i can get out of school and hopefully find work somewhere

i dont know how much this tundra is worth but it's and 06 with maybe 30xxx miles..so im hoping i can keep it in it's like new condition and trade it in or sell it for some extra cash for the hemi:tup:

damn i hate talking about this:bawl::D

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also i have a few parts that were gonna go on my truck but now are for sale..i got a hughes plenum gasket kit, 180* t-stat, and an SCT, and maybe a lowpro toolbox depending on whether it's gonna fit in the yota or not

EDIT

oh yeah and a mopar round air cleaner

·
46RE is the DEVIL
681 Posts
If its paid for I dont see why you have to sale your truck. Just drop the insurance down to liabilty and park it. Thats how my S10 has been for 6 months since I got my dodge. I pay all of 30 a month for it to sit there in my driveway. Till I have time and money to get back to it. The Tundra is a great truck I use to own one never had a problem out of it. If a drunk kid wouldnt have plowed in to it with a lifted f350 i'd probably still have it.

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
You should really try to sell it to someone on here. I'll see if anyone I know is interested in a 2nd gen, especially one that's in that good a shape. Everyone I know loved mine and a couple guys even went out and got their own after driving mine just once.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
thats how i bought mine , my cousin had a 2nd gen and he let me drive it, and im like gotta get me one of these lol

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i don't know if i could sell it to someone here or not either...i don't know if you guys can tell but i'm kinda partial to this truck, and i would rather it go away forever than see it all the time and wishing it was still mine

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
i don't know if i could sell it to someone here or not either...i don't know if you guys can tell but i'm kinda partial to this truck, and i would rather it go away forever than see it all the time and wishing it was still mine
But you could rest assured she is in good hands :) And you could see pictures of her every once in a while, maybe have the new owner set up a web cam so you can tell her hi and stuff :D

At least you know she's gonna keep living. I flipped mine and had to tell her goodbye in an alley behind the collision shop :bawl:

·
Redline's The Deadline
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maybe i'll just put it in the canada craigslist :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.