DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lookin around the sites & found this "BAD-BOY"!!!!
Its a 78 D-150...Lowered & looks Bad-Azz!!!!... So I want to go from this!!!

To this!!!

I just E-mailed him to see what spindles ETC. he used to lower it!!! I also just aquired a 400 BB & Tranny out of a 72 Newport that I plan on slappin in her!!!

So...What do you think???...Is it "doable"??

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
yea, keep lots of pics for us!!
as a secret, a 426 hemi is looking for a home in my Warlock

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
hey that one had a later hood on a 77-78 grill, 77 signal lights

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah!!!! come on...That truck is BAD-AZZ & you all KNOW it!!!!....No matter what the color!!!...& Warlock your right about the hood...infact I believe its from a 93...Good eye!!
I got a complete list of mods & what he did to lower it...& I'll post those later if anyone is interested......
But heres a link t to the build-up & other projects hes done....Pretty cool Mopars in there... Check it out..
http://cheeto.ramchargercentral.net/photo.html?XTIME=1159927579

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Ah!!!! come on...That truck is BAD-AZZ & you all KNOW it!!!!....No matter what the color!!!

Well.... Yeah, I could see it being cool cruzing thru 'da hood' blasting out some 'gansta' rap' .... Maybe then...

Naw. ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think I've seen pics before of that Silver/Purple Dodge. Lowered trucks are cool, I just don't see alot of them though.

Mopower where are you located in Nebraska?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well.... Yeah, I could see it being cool cruzing thru 'da hood' blasting out some 'gansta' rap' .... Maybe then...

Naw.
Come on bherder...Not every person...Nor every truck has to be "cut" from the same piece of cloth.
Not everyone "cruises" da hood listening to rap....Or drives through the "Holler" blasting the theme to "HEE-HAW"....I assure I do neither...It's not a crime to be "different" & think outside the "Box"!!!!

Mopower where are you located in Nebraska?
...NeDodgeguy I live way out west ...in Scottsbluff

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Come on bherder...Not every person...Nor every truck has to be "cut" from the same piece of cloth.

Well, that's certainly true :D

Not everyone "cruises" da hood listening to rap....Or drives through the "Holler" blasting the theme to "HEE-HAW"....I assure I do neither...It's not a crime to be "different" & think outside the "Box"!!!!

I've got a story for ya....
Way back when, (75' thru 80' to be exact) I had a 69' Road Runner. Too much to list here but, 440, 4 speed, built to the hilt, ate Chevelles for lunch, all that kinda' thing.
To say I loved this car was an understatement... I used to live, eat and breath this car. (Used to piss my girlfriend off to no end!)

Anyway, it just got to the point where I just couldn't afford to feed it gas anymore and had to sell it. Broke my heart. It was like having to take 'Ol Yeller' out and shoot him. 25 years later and I still kick myself for letting that car go....

So for the next couple of years, while tooling around in my Toyota Corolla (UGH!!) on the other side of town, I used to see a 68' Road Runner from time to time. It was lowered to the ground, with those little bitty skinny tires on it... Painted 12 diffrent metal-flake colors... A really bad window tint job... Dingle-balls on the inside... a half dozen different kinds of fog lights stuck all over the grille... Some sort of antenna sticking out of every fender...

It just made me cringe every time I saw it. In fact, all I wanted to do was run the guy off the road and strangle him for what he had done to that car...

The point of all this is, is it may be 'cool' or 'different', but there are some things ya just don't do... ;) ;) ;)

Hey, no harm no foul... it's just a thing I have...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mopower, thats cool. Most of my extended family lives in Lewellen and Oshkosh so I have been out west many times. My parents live up by Norfolk, Ne.

·
Registered
356 Posts
cheeto did a hell of a job on it, i remember when he first started it and would post pics as he went, there is tons of hours and his sweat in it. after i seen that, wanted to lower my 78CC, but still havent got around to the truck other than dropping a 440 in. but as said, anything can be done, just time,money and alittle skill. good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.