Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Ram 4x4 1/2 ton

Long story short...changed the brakes last night. Couldn't get the calibers to go in so I had to open the bleeders and ended up getting lots of air in the system.

I've tried bleeding them the traditional way and all I get is air. Got tired of that and went and bought a 50 dollar bleeder tool. Still, I can not get any fluid to come out. It appears to be completely out of fluid in the lines. The master cyclinder is full.

I've been searching this forum all morning and I think I found someone with a similar problem. I think i might have air in the ABS valve. Is there any way to get this out without a scan tool because I don't have one. Also, I don't want to have to take it to the dealer because I'd have to have it towed there cause I got no brakes at all.

Help!!!

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
theres post here somewhere that you can get the full service manual from another site for free.

next time you change brake pads.. you dont need to open the bleeder.. just use c clamp and and old pad to push the piston in back to the caliper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lx1x said:
theres post here somewhere that you can get the full service manual from another site for free.

next time you change brake pads.. you dont need to open the bleeder.. just use c clamp and and old pad to push the piston in back to the caliper.
This wasn't my first brake job. The calipers refused to go in. The only way I could get them to budge was the crack the bleeder.

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
Raspise said:
This wasn't my first brake job. The calipers refused to go in. The only way I could get them to budge was the crack the bleeder.
ok.. was just curious... :D

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
Raspise said:
wow!! thats awesome! Thanks....hope I can find what I need in this.
yer welcome.. hope you get it fixed... good luck.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah you'll probably need a DRB3 scanner too get in there and work all the ABS solenoids and valves to get the air out.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
the other thing is to get a buddy and have him pump the brake pedal a few times and hold then open the bleeder valve on the caliper and let the air out till you have nothing but fluid coming out and you start from the furthest corner and worl your way to the nearest corner to the master cylinder to get the air out .... you may need to start the truck up so the vacuum booster helps with this since they are calipers all the way around. ........ I had to bleed my brakes when I crushed my brake line on the rear and had to buy a new one ... crushed it trying to seperate the exhaust but even worse is that it was already crushed from my rear sway bar install .. the clamp caught the brake line and crushed it under the clamp and would have never know if I didnt crush it worse with the exhaust. If you need access to a manual go to hemitruckclub.com and look to the left side and download it but you will need adobe acrobat to read it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.