DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through some old pictures trying to locate a few for a PM I got on a light bar. Came across this picture. While it's not the greatest picture.. the stance and the angle just hit me.

Got me thinking.. maybe I should just get back into a 3rd Gen 2500 CTD.

This picture right here.. I'd kill to have it back. Just the way it is. The grill not painted, no spot light, no bumper sprayed with bedliner or the rockers.

35" AT tires, roof lights and 2M radio. I would KILL to have that truck back at the stage. I'd leave it alone and call it done!!

:::SIGH:::

Guess what my wallpaper is at home! :)

missing the Dodge...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Sounds like you just need to find another 3rd gen and be happy. I think about the 4th gens and look all the time but then I look at my truck and I just can't do it, starting all over and I love the way mu truck sits, so it will be around for a while longer, I'm not done yet! I say start looking for one and good luck, Christmas is coming!!!

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, these 3rd gen body styles.. I just love. I love every aspect of the body lines. If the quad cab was bigger like the club cab.. I probably wouldn't even be thinking about a 4th gen.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I concur 100%! That picture of that truck is the epitome of beauty. I will never have a 4th gen, pass on the lines of the 4th gen.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It actually looks better too when I look at the picture that is 1600x. hahaha

Thanks. I'm actually trying to weight the pros and cons of it.. Of course 3rd gen is going to have it's mileage on it.. But can do my own work on most items..

But a sense of security is priceless with a warranty.. haha

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those things are just so freaking long.. It wouldn't fit in my POS driveway. Notice the pic above? The neighborhood I live in don't believe that people drive large vehicles. I miss my 30 foot driveway in Tempe..

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
After having both a 3rd and a 4th........I just can't go back. The 4th just kicks ass. Great ride, awesome power (yeah, not a CTD, but you mentioned before that you really don't need that), and in my opinion - they look awesome. :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
In the same way I miss my '93 Dakota and my '99 Ram 2500, I can understand why you have a lot of nostalgia for that truck, but 3rd Gen trucks are getting older and finding one that is worth buying for any kind of daily use, is becoming harder by the day. You might get lucky and stumble upon a "garage queen" somewhere, but otherwise I'd be looking for a 4th Gen if I were you.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
That is one hell of a pic.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
In the same way I miss my '93 Dakota and my '99 Ram 2500, I can understand why you have a lot of nostalgia for that truck, but 3rd Gen trucks are getting older and finding one that is worth buying for any kind of daily use, is becoming harder by the day. You might get lucky and stumble upon a "garage queen" somewhere, but otherwise I'd be looking for a 4th Gen if I were you.
I Have an 03 with 55,000 miles on it. I dont have a garage so mine is a driveway queen. LOL

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I Have an 03 with 55,000 miles on it. I dont have a garage so mine is a driveway queen. LOL
Very nice! My '07 has 23k. I drove it 1k miles last year. But, they were fun miles. :SPIN:

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
i want another 3rd gen when mine bites the dust
i'm dead set on a black CTD mega cab, leveled, 35's, DPF and EGR delete, smarty, and a modest exhaust, then lock my wallet in a safe and swear "NO MORE MODS!"

every now and then i think of trading my truck, then i go outside and look at it, then crank it up and listen to it, if that doesn't work, i take it for a spin and i'm reminded: it's one of the few remaining trucks, most of em on the road now ride like cars, bed squats with 300 lbs, and don't get me started on IFS....

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After having both a 3rd and a 4th........I just can't go back. The 4th just kicks ass. Great ride, awesome power (yeah, not a CTD, but you mentioned before that you really don't need that), and in my opinion - they look awesome. :D
I have a picture I'll have to share with you guys on what if I got a 4th gen would look like. Simple and clean. I'll see if I can find it.

I haven't had a 4th gen, but I have driven them and they are a little more advanced that is for sure.

You do point out a very good point. Thank you. You may just be right.

That pic is my goal! Truck looked awesome there!
Thanks. In that picture the truck hasn't had too much done to it. That pic was taken 2 weeks after I got it. From what I can see from my previous pictures up to this picture.. this is what is done to it..

3" Carli Front Coils and new shocks
Carli Diff cover
Carli High Mount Steering Stabilizer.
35" DC FCII AT Tires
BedLiner
Roof Lights
Light bar
Window Tint

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Kind of an 03
2,190 Posts
Looks like a mega cab would block the sidewalk huh? An I thought my driveway sucked. If I could of afforded it I would of got a 4th Gen. Took a little bit of time for me to get used to the styling at first but I do like them. I'd prob get a 10' tho so I wouldn't have to deal with the wait for tuning... An the hemi:D. Can the ctd 11' an up be tuned?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
By the way Mike, your red&black 06 rocked too, I always loved that truck!!! Good luck either way you decide, I'm sure it will look awesome when you're "done" with it! LOL

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.