DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back to the track tonight and made 4 passes...13.63, 13.64. 13.71, and 13.72. Weather was perfect and cool, but I had some problems. All I will say is that I have alot of room for improvement next time out. I never used the short belt either...I will save that for my next trip.

r/t - .123
60' - 1.962
330' - 5.581
1/8th ET - 8.633
1/8th MPH - 79.46
1000' - 11.344
1/4 ET - 13.639
1/4 MPH - 98.17

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Is that running with your new twin CAI ?
Al.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LPGHemi said:
Is that running with your new twin CAI ?
Al.
The 2 13.6 passes were with the new dual intake. One of the problems I had was that the intake fell completely off the throttle body after my 13.63 pass, and the 2 13.7 passes were with the damn intake off..so it was sucking up straight engine heat directly off the motor. And both the 13.63 and the 13.64 passes were with my air filters and tailgate on.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dline said:
matt how is hemird345 that red truck from LA on dtw running a 1.9 60ft on street tires???
I know of a handful of guys that are doing that. He goes to a VERY FAST TRACK...so I believe his numbers. I am gong to try to go race with him sometime to see how my truck would run on a track like that.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you think a bottle and a 268 would put you into the 12s? What are you waiting on? :D

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sawcut64 said:
That was a nice hole shot!! Great runs and pretty consistant, still running them at 25 PSI? You really need to get your launch on tape to analyze it....you may be surprised what you find when you do that.
Yes...I am running 25psi. I'm gonna try taking my traction bars off next time to see if it lets the ass end drop farther to help with weight transfer.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
very nice, love your truck and the times

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bartstop said:
Do you think a bottle and a 268 would put you into the 12s? What are you waiting on? :D
I think a simple 50 shot will easily put me into the 12's...I am aiming for a 13.49 N/A now after the way it ran last night with the intake removed and tailgate on.

2,395 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I think a simple 50 shot will easily put me into the 12's...I am aiming for a 13.49 N/A now after the way it ran last night with the intake removed and tailgate on.
i think if he had the 268 in his truck instead of the 6.1 he'd be close to 12's N/A ;)

2,395 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Yes...I am running 25psi. I'm gonna try taking my traction bars off next time to see if it lets the ass end drop farther to help with weight transfer.
hey, if you take them off, give 'em to me!! lol

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Should be fine if you keep your spring clamps on, and you'll drop a few pounds.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sawcut64 said:
Should be fine if you keep your spring clamps on, and you'll drop a few pounds.
Thats what I'm thinking...drop some weight and give me some suspension travel in the rear to help plant the tires. If you look closely at the video, you can see the front end rise on the launch, and then again on the 1-2 shift...but the ass end doesnt drop at all...so I dont think it is planting the tires the way it should with the traction bars on. It cant hurt to try.

·
Registered
475 Posts
looks great matt! whens the bottle going in?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BluedevilPB1 said:
looks great matt! whens the bottle going in?
I was going to put it in today, but something came up, and I wont be able to do it until tomorrow. BUT, I will NOT spray it until I runa 13.55 or better on motor. That is my goal, and my motor will not see nitrous until I reach that goal.

I am not even going to fill the bottle until I am at the track and have completed my first 13.55 pass. Then I will get it filled at the track and try to break 12's with just a 50 shot.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.