DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of adjustable drag shocks for the front of my truck today. I bought the shocks from summit and they are made by competition engineering and are part #2610...They were $39.88 each

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...1&part=CEE-2610&N=700+302407+115&autoview=sku

I also bought a battery relocation kit from jegs, but had to cancel the order a few minutes ago because it didnt include the wiring which was going to be another $70 through their site. So I am looking for a new kit to buy tonight and hopefully haveboth mods installed before I hit the track again on the 20th.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
Hey matt when you find a battery relocator kit your happy with let me know because I'm having to add a second battery now bc of all my stereo stuff and I want to just put both in the bed stealth like and also relocate my wiper fluid and resovoir tanks off the shroud. Hey quick question if I completely take my shroud off after my fan install will it hurt anything?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
Hey matt when you find a battery relocator kit your happy with let me know because I'm having to add a second battery now bc of all my stereo stuff and I want to just put both in the bed stealth like and also relocate my wiper fluid and resovoir tanks off the shroud. Hey quick question if I completely take my shroud off after my fan install will it hurt anything?
I think this is going to be the kit I buy. I didnt order it today because it is on backorder until the 19th and I wanted it before I race on the 29th. Looks like this mod might have to wait untilo next time at the track.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...part=SUM-G1231-K&view=1&N=700+400304+316556+0

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
The 19th of this month? That kit looks really nice, I like the fact that all the wiring is 1 gauge.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
The 19th of this month? That kit looks really nice, I like the fact that all the wiring is 1 gauge.
I really like it...Thick wiring, clean look, and it is completely sealed, so I shouldnt have a problem putting it in the bed of the truck without a tonneau!! I think that I am also going to spray it with bedliner to match the rest of my bed!!

And yes, the 19th of this month...so just under 2 weeks.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
You wouldn't want to buy a LoRider hard tonneau by any chance would you? HAHA I've decided to get line-x at christmas too and I dont use my cover enough to need it anymore plus I want to step up to the checkmate one.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
You wouldn't want to buy a LoRider hard tonneau by any chance would you? HAHA I've decided to get line-x at christmas too and I dont use my cover enough to need it anymore plus I want to step up to the checkmate one.
I wouldnt use it either...unless you just want to be one hell of a friend and let me "borrow" it :D

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
$70 sounds a bit much to my ear.... I think I paid about $1.00 per foot for #1 welding cable at the welding shop... and how much are the cable ends??? $3.00 for the pair, and $3.00 for the heat shrink.... perhaps there is more to the cable kit??

TJ

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
haha. If I lived in houston I probably would. Right now its rubbing my paint real bad and needs to be adjusted so I'm most likely going to sell it at xmas when I have my truck painted and just go without till I need a cover again. Oh yea are you coming up to Buda/Kyle for the dyno on the 16 of dec.?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Comes with 20' of red 1/0 cable, 3' of black 1/0 cable, new battery terminals, rubber grommets, vent tubing, mounting brackets, and all other hardware necessary to complete the job. I sent you a link to the one I want in the PM.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
You should come up for it, sounds like a fun day. I'm hoping to have my pacesetter LT's and electric fan on by then and I want to see my gains on paper.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
You should come up for it, sounds like a fun day. I'm hoping to have my pacesetter LT's and electric fan on by then and I want to see my gains on paper.
I just put myself down as a maybe...It sounds like fun, but I wont know for sure until we get closer to december.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
Awesome! Hey Matt could you send me a PM with instructions on doing the TMR mod. I sold my superchips a while ago to buy a guitar so now I'm waiting to see whats coming from bully dog and the others, but I miss my hard shifts.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
Awesome! Hey Matt could you send me a PM with instructions on doing the TMR mod. I sold my superchips a while ago to buy a guitar so now I'm waiting to see whats coming from bully dog and the others, but I miss my hard shifts.
Only if you let me "borrow" that tonneau :D :D :D

j/k...I honestly dont remember which wire it was because I did this mod over 2 years ago. I will check it for you tomorrow to see which wire it was...I think green with a yellow stripe, but dont hold me to it yet.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
Alright I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Why don't you just put wings on that bad boy and apply for a pilots license!?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Matt is waiting for a wing thats on backorder. You may have seen a pic of it in the General forum, a guy has it on his white quad cab. LOL :thatfunny

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
hahaha! hey matt, its the #10 pin, yeah green and yellow, but i read theres like 3 green and yellow cables. but the question that hasnt been answered yet is: is it ONLY for 03 models? or 04 too?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.