1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Actually, I think this one is actually already added. Ill double check. I remember seeing it and thought I added it.

Ill try to double check when I get back in town and if it is not..... I will add it...

Can anyone get in touch with "Stickshiftrule" and see if wouldn't mind looking at it and cleaning it up a bit. maybe adding anything esle he may have to it?

Thanks,

Dane

·
what's your left leg doin
2,288 Posts
Hey gary thanks for the nomination, cool I was the 1st one.........:D

Dane, How would I go about cleaning up my thread?
Or do you want me to re-do my original 1st post and add any new stuff?

-Andy

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey - no problem Andy. I saw how many people were reading it and benefiting from it, so that is what it is all about, right?

Do you think those pictures of how I installed the hurst shifter and then modified the handle are worth a how-to, or am I the last guy on Earth with a Ram with a 5 speed ;)

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
stickshiftsrule said:
Hey gary thanks for the nomination, cool I was the 1st one.........:D

Dane, How would I go about cleaning up my thread?
Or do you want me to re-do my original 1st post and add any new stuff?

-Andy

Sorry Andy, I was tired last night... Your thread is fine. Ill copy it over and remove the non-relevant posts.

Congrats!

Dane

·
Registered
10,637 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
ggravant said:
Hey - no problem Andy. I saw how many people were reading it and benefiting from it, so that is what it is all about, right?

Do you think those pictures of how I installed the hurst shifter and then modified the handle are worth a how-to, or am I the last guy on Earth with a Ram with a 5 speed ;)

ABSOLUTELY! Do a write up and submit it please!

·
2,288 Posts
Dane, thanks! I will add more to it as soon as I can.

Gary, the pics you have are good, just need to do the right-up part as Dane said.
You are 1 of only 3 members I know of that have/had a hurst in a ram, but maybe more will follow......:D

You may want to find out if your write-up can be used to help 2nd gen dakota's as well.
Since I'm sure that is a more common mod over there.
You get to do a two-fer!.......;)

·
2,288 Posts
-Dane (or any moderator that can help).......:)
I have more stuff I'd like to add to my e-fan install how-to.
How I would I go about doing that?

Do you want me to post it here?....Or PM it to one of you when I have it ready?

-Andy

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Andy, I apologize. I have been out of town NON STOP and just now getting back to answer these.

PM me and Ill move the thread to a location where you can edit it, and then Ill move it back into the Rotation.

Thanks again!

Dane

·
2,288 Posts
Thanks Dane, I'll let you know when I'm ready.
....BTW.......will it let me edit a post that old?

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
That's one great thread on installing an eFAN.

Is it possible for the admins to copy and clip in a few others onto that very same HOW TO? There is another thread that deals with eFans ( http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71561&page=1&pp=20 ), but isn't a true HOW TO. Some of the postings are like mini HOW TO's and would be a great benefit the existing HOW TO eFan.

So, I would like to sub-submit the following:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1157607&postcount=26

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1167640&postcount=29

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1176468&postcount=30

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1210577&postcount=38

Also, if the admins think that any of the text postings in that discussion are note worthy to add to the HOW TO eFan, that would help many as well.

I for one plan on doing an eFan mod since Dave has increased his highway fuel economy up to 19mpg !!!!! :) :) :) That's less load on the engine. :) :) :) It sure beats 12mpg highway anyday!

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
Well, anything added from this yet?

·
2,288 Posts
Not by me.......I was waiting to hear back from Dane.......

I think I am going to just re-do (and add to) my thread in the test forum when I get the chance. (and time).

I noticed today that my truck gets almost the same gas mileage towing as it does empty!
Just would like to know if it is normal to rul a lil' hotter when towing? (half-way mark on temp guage).

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
stickshiftsrule said:
Not by me.......I was waiting to hear back from Dane.......

I think I am going to just re-do (and add to) my thread in the test forum when I get the chance. (and time).

I noticed today that my truck gets almost the same gas mileage towing as it does empty!
Just would like to know if it is normal to rul a lil' hotter when towing? (half-way mark on temp guage).
Your helpful HOW TO and the others showing what can be done with tips are very much needed.
;)

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
I agree with the very first person who started this thread by saying, "... I think an edited version of this thread would be great. Maybe with some contributions from other users on how they may have done it as well. ..."

That is why I added the other postings that either show additiona photos or very helpful information.

Whoever is to make this HOW TO must take the original thread and then a the additional clips from the other thread to it. This would make the eFan HOW TO exceptional well for others to lean and glean from.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that is the idea of starting the how-tos in this forum. People add to the how-to and finally a cleaned up version is put in it's permanent home.

Not the greatest way of doing it, but better than nothing. I have requested that dodgtalk add a wiki capability to the site. With this method it would be much easier to update/change/contribute to the how-tos in the same way that something like Wikipedia works.

·
2,288 Posts
mopar fan said:
Where are we on this?
Well, can you tell me if I would be able to edit my original how-to post if it was moved to another spot?

Everytime I have ever tried to edit an old post this site won't let me.

That is why I said (above) that I plan to redo my how-to and post it in the test-forum.
From there you can put it in place of my current how-to right?

I just need to find the time.........I type sloooooooowww..... :crazy:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
stickshiftsrule said:
Well, can you tell me if I would be able to edit my original how-to post if it was moved to another spot?

Everytime I have ever tried to edit an old post this site won't let me.

That is why I said (above) that I plan to redo my how-to and post it in the test-forum.
From there you can put it in place of my current how-to right?

I just need to find the time.........I type sloooooooowww..... :crazy:
You could do a copy and paste and place it in the Test Forum. That way you could edit it within the edit time frame. Even better yet you could put it in a Word document and when your done with your edits you could then put it in a Forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts