DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
My personal opinion is to powder coat it all black - even the lip. There is a guy on here with the stock 20's powder coated black and they look awesome!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sandiegohemi said:
My personal opinion is to powder coat it all black - even the lip. There is a guy on here with the stock 20's powder coated black and they look awesome!
I'm taking baby steps...haha

If I dont like the chrome lip, then I can always coat it later.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I'm scared to ask, but what does it cost to powder coat the rims?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
yeah do that and see what it'll look like
the chrome lip might set things off a little bit
plus like you said they could also go back and do it again but theyd probably have to redo the whole thing wouldnt they since they have to bake it

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
geterdone04 said:
yeah do that and see what it'll look like
the chrome lip might set things off a little bit
plus like you said they could also go back and do it again but theyd probably have to redo the whole thing wouldnt they since they have to bake it
Yes...The chrome lip would match my headlights and grille so it wouldnt look out of place, and I think that having it completely black might be a little too dull...maybe.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
I agree 100%. I have a set of 06 20s and Im gonna try to get them done black over the winter while Im running my stock 20s....black black black

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sport98 said:
My vote is all black with blacked out headlights etc.

Jason
If I get them coated black, then I will tint my taillights and powdercoat my grille/bumper inserts...I think the black headlights would be too much.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not big on the black. Having said that,I like the black but I would leave the chrome lip :cool: I think the black in the centre looks great on your
truck :rck:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of all black. I say leave the lip chrome at least. Like you said if you don't like it you can always do the lip later.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Black rims belong on stock cars. Never should a black rim be on a truck or a Jeep for that matter. Leave’em chrome, they look nice. But if you must, powered coat them, don’t put cheap ass steel rims on them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
If I get them coated black, then I will tint my taillights and powdercoat my grille/bumper inserts...I think the black headlights would be too much.
Too much? Hell no. Black headlights would be the finishing touch to the above mentioned changes. Black accents on any color of vehicle make it look much meaner. No one with a nice, performance oriented vehicle should want it to look friendly.

Shiny shit is way overrated. Your truck commands enough attention as it is and the black touches would just make it more bad ass instead of showy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.