DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off a little introduction. I bought this durango limited brand new back in 04 and have had a few problems with it along the way. Ive had issues where the dash will just light up every light on it while driving down the road and it requires me to pull over, turn off the engine and back on to reset it. Now I have an issue where my rear hatch light will not go off without disconnecting the battery. The other interior lights will come on and stay on even while driving down the road. But if I shut the vehicle off, the interior lights (except the hatch) will go off after a long wait period. Any ideas what may be going on here? i tried disconnecting the battery over night, I then unplugged the light switch in the IP thinking maybe it was bad... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow! I posted this before I did a search and this appears to be related to the cluster issue. It is very similar to the symptoms described in some of these other posts where the vehicle catches fire. Ill get it into the dealership this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem with my 04 one day I was driving and my lights came on then I started to smell something burning and then poof a ball of smoke came from my dash. The dealer had to replace the instrument cluster board I guess there is a capacitor that over-heats causing this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.