DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go back and forth between the bfgoodrich mt's and the goodyear mtr's, and I can't decide what I want. I need you guys help. Can anybody with either of these tires on a Durango post pictures of them? I'm pretty sure that seeing will help me be able to choose. Basically, I really need pictures with the goodyear's, because I've seen the mt's on durangokid's ride. DON'T let that stop you from posting your mt's, because every different angle and look helps. Thanks so much. Please help me decide. I want them so bad!!!

Brett

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
MTR's

:D

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
BFG's

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
BFG All Terrains

Attachments

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
I personally like the MTR's, but I think I remember there being a pretty large price gap between the two. Could be wrong though.

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
The cheapest place I have found is America's tires BFG mud and Goodyear mtrs are about the same price. But I have found a $20-$40 difference at other places.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're not too bad. For the 32's there's about about a 17 dollar difference, so not even 75 more for the set. But this is totally strange... when you go to 33's the mtr's actually drop in price by 1 dollar. The bfg's go up $10, so at that size they are just about 25 more for the set. Check it out at discounttiredirect.com. It's got the cheapest prices that I've found. Especially with the free shipping. I still need pictures. What I'm really looking for now is a set of mtr's on a dark colored durango with the stock wheels. If anyone knows how to get ahold of that picture, let me know please. Thanks again,

Brett

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
Here you go.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's so funny! I actually would like that if we could put a little more effort in that. It didn't seem to take you that long. Could I get you a picture of my durango at a certain angle (that fits the existing tire angle) and you work your magic? Find a good picture of both set of tires, let me know, and I'll get you a shot of it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the tease. It got my mouth watering.

Brett

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was right where you are three weeks ago. I didn't want to make a choice and regret it later. I mean we are dropping down a lot of $$$$ for these tires! So, I made the choice......I went with Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo's!!!!! 265/70/16. What's amazing is when I first got in the D and went down the road, very responsive. Three weeks later....either I am getting use to these tires or they just get better with a little age. They are awesome......I get so many compliments on the way they look. I was waiting til I start modifying the D to take photo's, but now is a good time to start!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's where the saying "different stokes for different folks" comes in. I'm REALLY excited for you man! But I know that I wouldn't be happy with just some a/t's. I've been dealing with the decision though for about a year, and I'm getting ready to just buy something. Another option was thrown into the mix yesterday though. I was swimming at one of my bud's house. His mom works at a Firestone plant, and I always considered the Firestone Destinations. She said that at their sale they have about twice a year, she gets them for roughly 55% off of retail. I figured that wouldn't be too bad, so I'm waiting. I'm going to wait for that sale, even it it kills me. That will also give me more time to decide on mt's or mt/r's to go against the destinations. Alright, keep the pictures coming please. And weby, holla' back.

Brett

·
Registered
77 Posts
Understood....I agree with these are not for HD off-Roading. I only use them for So. Cali roads, some off road, and Snow in Tahoe. Considering the amount we spend on these tires I would wait for the sale!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoo-Hoo!! It looks like they just increased or did away with the number of characters you have in a signature causes it to go to a link, because my whole sig. is down there, and I definitely haven't changed it. Just got excited that's all. I agree, and I am going to wait till I know for sure what I want.

Brett

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Brett, smaller sig=larger ad. At least it's free and there isn't offensive or offtopic ads displayed.
Weby, ROFLMAO. That's what my kids' RC car tires are like, they ask me "Why doesn't it go?"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.