DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
99RamGuy
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 99 ram and it seems like it take forever in the morning for it to get warm! How do we make this happen faster is there anyway?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
You can do a couple things, like closing off ways of cold air getting under your hood, like adding solid grill inserts, bumper inserts and even if you need more, you can add a belly skid/tarp or something under your engine bay, it will help a LOT.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Check your thermostat. It could be stuck open.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I agree check the thermostat. You could also add a coolant heater. I have been meaning to do that for years but don't have the time. The only draw back to the coolant heater is you will have to flush the coolant more often.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Did you buy it used? Maybe it has a Hypertech 160* in it.

·
99RamGuy
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i Doubt it has a 160 in it! I got it from a old man the coolant probably should be flushed! I have only put new spark plugs on it since I got it! It has 92k on it!

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Let's assume you've done the obvious, and the coolant level is where it should be.
Pick up a Prestone backflush kit ($5) and backflush the system per the directions (they are very specific so I'm not going into how).
Mine usually takes a good 8 minutes, that's with a 180* t-stat. Just a note: if you go any colder than 180, the PCM will stay in open loop as the engine will not reach acceptable operating temps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.