DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have no lsd on my hemi and i am mad. Do you guys recommend i go to dodge and have them put in their unit? The stock one that would have come with the truck; Or should i get an aftermarket. I really dont want any trouble and i want it to be a one time thing, Other than maintenance. Also if i go with the aftermarket would i be able to install it myself? I'm not changing the gears so im thinking it should be prettty Straight forward. Please Help me!!! If any one has installed it could you post a walk through?? Thanks

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
You'll be a lot better off with a good quality aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a stock factory lsd I will sell you if your just looking for factory level lsd. I would take $200 for it. It came out of my 2006 ram 1500 with a whopping 3000 miles on it (I put in 4.56 gears and my installer gave me a package deal on a auburn posi unit). I also have the stock 3.92 gears that came with the truck, if you would be interested (don't know what gears your truck has now). I live in florida also.
Thanks.

Edit: the lsd may already be sold, sale pending.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
He should have the 3.92s currently...

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that stock unit what is the problem with with some clips i dont know what it is?? Can someone explain

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
daze513 said:
With that stock unit what is the problem with with some clips i dont know what it is?? Can someone explain
Yes please explain, I hear all kinds of problems with pre- 06 LSD and I have 3.92 LSD in my truck,.. should I be scared?

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
The Factory Clutch retaining clips that live beside the LSD clutches have been known to break, thus falling down into the bottom of the rear end.. When the fluid gets agitated as the gears turn, the metal also travels through the rear end chewing everything up as it circulates.

do a search for "Broken Clip" and you will find several threads with images and explanations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.