·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get my valve stem covers to come off !!!!!! I'm not making this up and
it's bugging me BIG time .... My bud replaced my stock plastic ones with some
aluminum ? ones last year when the truck was in getting fixed, they've been on
there for awhile now and I wanted to check my air pressure yesterday and they
WILL NOT come off.... I even tried using a pair of needle nose vice grips to hold the valve stem while attempting to remove the caps ????? It's almost as
if some prankster glued them on or something ????????? I did have them off once since they were put on so I know they did in fact come off once ...

:confused:

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
WD-40 man

·
GOT LIFT?
641 Posts
Go ahead and hold the stem with the vise grips and use a socket on the cap. If they are aluminum valve stems, they should have metal five point caps on them. If that doesn't work then you just might be right. Someone might have put some lock tite on them but, I couldn't imagine anyone taking the time to do that to all of them.

I can't even imagine that they are that tight unless the threads are stripped on them.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go ahead and hold the stem with the vise grips and use a socket on the cap. If they are aluminum valve stems, they should have metal five point caps on them. If that doesn't work then you just might be right. Someone might have put some lock tite on them but, I couldn't imagine anyone taking the time to do that to all of them.

I can't even imagine that they are that tight unless the threads are stripped on them.
Thanks, I'm gonna give that a shot, though I'm a little parnoid about squeazing the valve too much and collapsing it, if you know what I think I'm saying..

I did try the WD 40 which didn't help...

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Lotsa luck, I had the same problem on my wifes old Jeep. I couldnt get them off period.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
If you can't get them off take it to a local tire shop and have four new ones put on...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
He didn't put spin caps on there did he! lol I had them on my truck before, they are security caps.
http://spin-caps.com/

KB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.