• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my parents are getting a divorce and my stepdad might have to give up his truck if he doesnt find a way to pay for it because my grandma payed off his truck to help him and my mom buy a house so if he doesnt find a way to pay my grandma off my mom said i can have his truck if i want to. My stepdads truck is an 07 ram all stock with over 72 thousand mile and im not sure if i should trade my 04 with 58 thousand miles and mods i dont know which one to chose

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I'd keep my truck ... :imo

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
:ugh :loud: This is not a phone so don't text us !!! Just sayin !

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
ever noticed the '.' next to the "?"?
:thatfunny If not look in the lower right hand corner of the key board. :D

Seriously though. I'd keep mine too. Why trade to more miles?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
:ugh :loud: This is not a phone so don't text us !!! Just sayin !
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny ... I'll bet that was from a computer. Kids these days have lost everything when it comes to grammar, diction, punctuation, as well as writing skills. Hopefully, this member might pick-up a little better commutation skills by hanging around the DT forum. That is if you folks don’t bash and make fun of him to the point that he doesn’t come back.

:)

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I rewrote my first post i have a hard time typeing on my phone because my fingers are to big for the keyboard
If you want to wait until you get home and use your computer, we're open 24/7.

:D

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
It might help but I think everyone has it ... your 04 truck vs the newer 07 with the miles on it.

·
The White Collar Redneck
1,807 Posts
Is the '07 a Hemi?

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
trade if: the 07 was maintained, 4wd, and/or hemi
don't trade if: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ isn't true

maintenance is a big deal
you're looking at getting a truck edging up on some major tune ups

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Go with the one with better maintenance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the 07 ram is a 2wd bighorn with the 4.7 same as mine with a 3.92 gear ratio mine has a 3.55 but he doesn't maintain it good im usually the one that bugs him to take his truck in for a oil change and stuff but knowing him he hasn't changed the oil since 61 thousand and i think he didn't do his 60k tune up i will post a pic of his truck in a few

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
I've always liked that color. My 1st two pics when I bought mine were Inferno Red, then that Electric Blue.
As for the swap. No way. They're both the same engine, and 2wd. The only difference you'd be getting for poor maintenance and higher mileage is a color change and gears. IMHO it sounds like a bad trade to me. You can change the gears for a few hundred dollars, and if you really want a different color you can have that done too. At which point you could get a custom color that nobody else has. Definitely keep your truck.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.