DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· WYOhemi
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i never thought it would happen to me but going down the highway sunday before last i hit a deer. :VHOT: I was going 65 and slowed down to 40 at the time i hit it. Thankfully i had a grille guard so i was able to keep driving the truck. Still am now because the stupid insurance guy hasn't called back yet. Anyway, the grille, hood, bumper, left fender, and grille guard need to be replaced to the tune of $4200! I'm going to get one of the big black one-piece grille guard/bumper and since i need a new hood, i was thinking of getting an srt-10 hood. Do you guys think this type of hood would look goofy on a 2500 w/ this type of grille guard? Thanks for any input.

· Shark Hunter
7,273 Posts
Had an altercation with Bambi's mother myself, sounds like you hit hard. One word on adding a push bar/bull bar is make sure it's heavy enough not to fold back on your vehicle and do even more damage than the deer would of itself. The other thing I have seen is chassis being bent by the impact, if your bars are bolted to your frame rails it can transfer the energy of the impact and total your chassis.
It's a real bummer when it happen's and you don't even get the meat! :rck:

· The Legendary Cross Ram
3,730 Posts
Wow.........poor Bambi. :D

3,730 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
Pretty pathetic killing an animal, and showing no sympathy...Whatever
"Can it" man!

Save it for the Political Debate forums. :crazy:

· Shark Hunter
7,273 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
My theory is Darwin at work.
The one's that keep off the roads survive and live to hunted or just live there happy little lives out. Around here there pretty much vermin anyway.

3,730 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
Also: the Ram is more important than one stupid Bambi which then became a candidate for "Darwin Awards" as rtes stated. :gr_patrio

· Registered
192 Posts
$4200 just for one deer.Thats about what it cost's my buddies per deer by time they buy all their hunting stuff.Ha,at least your getting a new hood and brush guard.Just kidding I hate when bad stuff happens to good people(why could it not bee a ugly chevy)

· Registered
853 Posts
Yeah, you should have jumped out and gutted it. Hate to see all that good venison go to waste.

· Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,543 Posts
04hemi2500 said:
Well, i never thought it would happen to me but going down the highway sunday before last i hit a deer. :VHOT: I was going 65 and slowed down to 40 at the time i hit it. Thankfully i had a grille guard so i was able to keep driving the truck. Still am now because the stupid insurance guy hasn't called back yet. Anyway, the grille, hood, bumper, left fender, and grille guard need to be replaced to the tune of $4200! I'm going to get one of the big black one-piece grille guard/bumper and since i need a new hood, i was thinking of getting an srt-10 hood. Do you guys think this type of hood would look goofy on a 2500 w/ this type of grille guard? Thanks for any input.

i put a big westin 1 piece grille guard (aka deer guard) on my truck .....if somrthing hits my front end, the westin takes good care of it....saving my front end :rck:

· Registered
584 Posts
i think a srt10 hood looks good no matter what, i saw a black longbed 2500 with a srt10 hood and it looked good, so go for it

· Registered
117 Posts
saw a 2500 with the srt10 hood today and i must say it looked damn nice
n it was fast f--kin truck too diesel worked to the nutz

he wanted to race me because he heard my lack of a muffler and thought i was fast or sumthin

but yeah back on topic def go for the hood.

· WYOhemi
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Black05Hemi said:
maybe i would have showed a little sympathy if this retarded deer didn't make me fork over a $500 deductible. every time i look at my truck it makes me want to get a deer hunting liscense even more. i should probably wash my truck though. i hope the coyotes enjoyed the meat. :D

· Registered
279 Posts
XPLOSV said:
Equally as pathetic, the deer probably did not think to apologize for not yielding the right of way and causing all the damage in the first place.
Now thats funny :thatfunny Have any pics :D

· WYOhemi
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i don't have any pictures of the deer. luckily when i hit it it flew into the ditch so i didn't have to drag its a$$ off the road. i could take some pictures of my truck but i lost the cable to connect the camera to my computer

· Banned
2,424 Posts
somebody post the pic of the guy with the grill guard and the srt hood, it looks great! go for it dude!

· WYOhemi
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea, that would help my decision a ton if somebody has a picture of what it would look like with a grille guard. thanks a lot!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.