DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatchya think guys?? Super easy to do. Hardest part was taping it of. Grill needs another coat I think, and some of it peeled off the badges when I was pulling the tape, and some dust got on some of the parts because it was windy as hell today BUT overall it turned out great!! I love the look now Im glad I did this :rck: :rck: For reference I used about 2 and a half cans, doing 3-4 coats for each item

PS- I did the throttle body grounding and (assuming I did it right :WHT: ) call me crazy or placebo affect but I can feel somethings different! Just feels lighter or something. I know my gas gauge noticed a difference lol

:rck::rck:

·
Jeremy
1,992 Posts
Looks good man. I was thinking about doing the same soon... I hate all the chrome in the front.

Wheres your cummins forum sticker? huh?!?! =p

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jer! Its real easy to do and I love the look now.

O dont worry...its still there lol. Some of my friends were riding in the back and saw the sticker and said "Rob why do you have this you dont have a cummins?" I said some jokesters thought they were hilarious....ha

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA yea you did. Ill admit it did give me a chuckle. I need to find some HEMI stickers for the next trip...watch out :p

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your truck looks awesome! I wish I possessed the cajones to black out the chrome on my Big Horn, but 1) My wife would kill me
2) I'm a local cop and all my co-workers like my wife
3) She'd replace the chrome after my buds cleared her of my death

So... Maybe some day I'll give it a shot. I'd like to do my bumpers (front and rear) as well as my wheels. Hahahaha!

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha thats funny. Man your truck would look sick blacked out. I love the silver and grey trucks that are blacked out. Maybe just put more chrome on her car and she wont notice the lack of chrome on yours? lol

·
ricer
308 Posts
Looks good man! I just got done doing the same thing. I still have to black my nerf bars(doing that tomorrow) and my wheels(next weekend). I got the black headlights en route and as soon as I get the rest of the blacking out done and my new headlights installed I will post some pics. I love your front bumper also.

·
CTD
601 Posts
Nice man! I'm in the process of doing my grill inserts, part of my front bumper, and my rims. Probably gonna go with something a little more permanent for my running boards though.

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas! I've been wanting to get rid of the chrome for awhile now and I'm glad I did. The badges turned out better than I thought they would. Do work fellas!

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
love the look! you should do it with actual matte black paint. i did my rims with plastic dip and wished i woulda just used paint cause now there coming off after like a week! but yea, looks good!

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! Yea after seeing it like this I definitely want to make it permanent. I'll probably try and do that this Summer when Im doing all my other mods

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Love that look, i painted my grill shell white, and did the inserts black with the dip

·
ricer
308 Posts
love the look! you should do it with actual matte black paint. i did my rims with plastic dip and wished i woulda just used paint cause now there coming off after like a week! but yea, looks good!
Hey redramdriver, not to question how you did your plastidipping but did you get your rims good and clean? I haven't had any problem with what I have done peeling. But on the other hand painting would definitely last longer, but with plastidip it is so easy to fix a chip by just spraying the chipped area. Plus it's alot cheaper and less time consuming. I myself wanted to go the cheaper route for right now and maybe will paint all my stuff in the future. Just my .02.

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey redramdriver, not to question how you did your plastidipping but did you get your rims good and clean? I haven't had any problem with what I have done peeling. But on the other hand painting would definitely last longer, but with plastidip it is so easy to fix a chip by just spraying the chipped area. Plus it's alot cheaper and less time consuming. I myself wanted to go the cheaper route for right now and maybe will paint all my stuff in the future. Just my .02.
See thats what I was thinking. I love how easy the dip blended in and went down. Ill eventually go for the real stuff...but I did all that with about 2 and a half cans of dip in a few hours :rck:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.