DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 04 1500 qc. Since the purchase i have been looking into different wheels and tire combos for my new rig.

I really like the looks of the 1079. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this wheel and if so what backspacing do i need to go with. I am also interested in getting a set of goodyear MTR's or an agressive looking tire of that nature. I was wondering what would be the biggest size MTR i would be able to put on a ram with stock suspension and 17x9 procomp 1079's. Thanks so much for your information and i look forward in future conversations.

Matt

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Your going to get conflicting answers but you can run 33x12.50 for SURE, and possibly 35x12.50 but like I said it depends on the person some people can run 35" stock some cannot. Assuming your truck is a 4x4 because your sig doesn't say, but usually mud tires mean a 4x4.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if its 4x4 you can run 315s easy, i did it my tires were like 34.5" and they fit, before i cranked the torsion bars, but i cranked them anyway, to level the truck out

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
matts98xjsport said:
I recently purchased an 04 1500 qc. Since the purchase i have been looking into different wheels and tire combos for my new rig.

I really like the looks of the 1079. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this wheel and if so what backspacing do i need to go with. I am also interested in getting a set of goodyear MTR's or an agressive looking tire of that nature. I was wondering what would be the biggest size MTR i would be able to put on a ram with stock suspension and 17x9 procomp 1079's. Thanks so much for your information and i look forward in future conversations.

Matt

i'm running the procomp 1079 and i was able to stuff 315/70/17 BFG all terrians on this wheel with just a t-bar crank

u can fit 33's no problem, and would need to crank your t-bars a little to get the 315's on

check my gallery for pics of my wheels

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great. It is 4wd. . .How many turns did you crank your torsion bars? Did y'all just eye ball it?

·
Cuz
271 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's :rck:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much backspacing should i go with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts