DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started hearing a squeaking noise coming somewhere from the driveline, and im having troubles pinpointing where it is coming from. I put the truck up on jackstands and in first gear there is no noise, as soon as i push on the break its starts squeaking, the harder i push on the pedal the worse it gets. The u-joints have recently been replaced. Any ideas? :help:

'99 3500 Dually 5-spd 4x4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think its the brakes. when driving around the yard in first gear or rev. it squeaks pretty bad. when i speed up the squeak gets more faint. when i push on the break at a slow speed it squeaks louder.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Yup, sounds like squeaky brakes to me.

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
They could also be dragging, and thats why they squeak when moving. Mine also squeaked when going slow, and when applying them gently. I had to change out the almost new pads for another set of new ones to fix it. I don't know why, but the pads that were on the truck just liked to squeak, and it annoyed the hell out of me.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
On another vehicle I have, the muffler was getting against the driveshaft during a hard right turn and rubbing a seam...made a small shiney spot on the muffler, took a while to find that one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
check your u-joints, and the carrier bearing. on my 05 my rear u-joint went dry and made squeaking sound. replaced the u-joints noise went away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.