DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front left wheel is making sounds when i turn it ALL THE WAY to the left. i also noticed another thing, when i was turning my wheel all the way to the left earlier and passed a dip, it sounded like there was a squeaky sound(different sound from the other one but same wheel). so thats 2 things in one wheel. has anyone every experienced this? need some help... dont want it to get any worse thats why i want to know what it is... thanks!

Arsenio

·
Registered
750 Posts
hcop33 said:
my front left wheel is making sounds when i turn it ALL THE WAY to the left. i also noticed another thing, when i was turning my wheel all the way to the left earlier and passed a dip, it sounded like there was a squeaky sound(different sound from the other one but same wheel). so thats 2 things in one wheel. has anyone every experienced this? need some help... dont want it to get any worse thats why i want to know what it is... thanks!

Arsenio
Ball Joints?

·
Registered
750 Posts
What year is your Durango? If it is 00-03 the Dealership will replace them for free, they were recalled for those years.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2000 but then i i got it used and i didnt get it from a dodge dealership... will it still work?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, any 2000-2003 Durango is entitled to a free Ball Joint replacement regardless of where it was bought. I bought my truck from a GMC dealer in California, and had it serviced in Rhode Island at a Chrysler dealer

·
Moab '06
234 Posts
hcop33 said:
you thikn they still do it until now?
Yes, the recall is very recent. Mebe only a couple of months ago. Take it in, have it done, regardless.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Recalls can be done any time. There is no expiration date on most recalls, but I think the balljoint recall may have a limit of 100,000 miles. You dont need to be the original owner. You dont have to show proof of ownership. All you need to do is show up at any dealer in the world. The dealer will normally run your VIN thru the computer and the computer will show what recalls exist and the dealer will fix the recalled items.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got mine done while it was in the shop for something else... They say you can get it done fairly quickly depending on how busy the dealership is, drop it off and it should be ready with in a few hours... Mine took 5 weeks but they also changed out my tranny...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man! i just called my dealership and gave them the vin of my car and they said the recall services has been done. so now this thing changes everything, back to the first post, i wonder what the problem is again with all those cranking sounds. if its still the ball joint, how much are those?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
if the squeak is associated with bumps, that's your sway bar bushings most likely. White lithium grease is what you need.

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
the dodge dealership i go to said that the re-call was only for the 4x4 durangos.

if this is bs, i'm going to try and get it done to mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you do the balljoints your self will the pay for for them? HAHA prob not. I didnt want the crappy stock one back on. I put some moogs on my g1D4x.

·
Registered
158 Posts
well, the ball joint recall was just for the upper ball joints... what kind of sound is it making when your turning the wheel to the left? the squeaking is from the sway bar bushing like kevin mentioned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.