DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DUMB. So I had my truck in today to get my wiper situation fixed. They give me a loaner vehicle and tell me to come back in a couple of hours. So I run a few arrends and come back and get it.
I talk with them for a few min. they tell me that they adjusted my doors so I won't have as much wind noise, I thank them and head out to my truck. Get in and try to start it, turns out my tip start doesn't work. I think no big deal beause my wipers do work. But I then tried remote start so see if that works and guess what, NOPE.
I walk back in tell them that they aren't working and the mech says, "Oh I didn't know it had it, I just need to program it in so bring it back in and Ill do that quick. Half hour later I get my truck back and they work again so I'm as snug as a bug in a rug. :)
I get home show my wife the truck again and she says to the wipers work? Yep and just as I turn them on, nothing happens.:WHT: So needless to say I do a 90 mph run back to the dealer before they close. I talk to the mech and the manager about the problem.
We stayed there for about a half hour after they close and still no diagnosis, so the manager throws me the keys of a loaner and says we will get it to you tomorrow.
So here I am, all broken hearted. No truck in my drive and one ugly Caravan.
I've come to the conclusion while by dealer would do anything to keep my happy, the mechs there are just a bit slow, can't even fix a wiper problem. No other real reason for the post just need a little support from some brothers from other mothers:D:D:D

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
I feel your pain, mine went in for 2 days for a check engine light, got it back and 5 miles later its on again, this was day before Thanksgiving. Drop it off day after and its there for Friday and the weekend until late Monday, was stuck driving a rental Durango, told them I wasnt driving a Neon. Im 6'4 and 290ish and that dont fit too good. Fixed now, only took a new Ecm to do it, at 5000 miles.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they changed the 1 computer that controls the wipers, powerlocks, remote starter, power windows, lights, etc etc etc.
Turns out it wasn't it, I want my truck back :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Holy @#$% you took a caravan !!! I woulda been steaming, its realitively new vehicle you have there!! I would have demanded an evenly priced vehilce from them. Not like the payments are close to the same but you think you'll see any $$ back for the time you didnt have your truck, or maybe a lowerd payment for that month, or what about the time you lost? Mine has only been there once for a recall service I got another Ram for a day and a half after they tried to throw me in a neon I just said I want to talk with who's in charge. The service guy proceeded to come back with a set of keys to a Ram <shrug> without me even talking to the boss. I wasn't a jerk (the recall wasnt thier fault) just upfront with them about my expectations.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't care about the caravan, I'm on my days off and I don't have anything planed. I just didn't refill the van after I gave it back, like I was suppose to do, o well.
Well I did get it back today, everything works too:D. Turns out they replaced the wire running from the powersorce to the wiper, I guess it wasn't carring enough volts, amps, wats (which ever it is). Everything works great and got my new tonneau cover on too, Love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.