DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Flowmasters have a particular sound you either like it or you don't. I think they sound great on muscle cars you drive occasionally or at the strip. For my truck that I drive on a daily basis I like to be able to hear myself think. I love my new Magnaflow Catback System (15788), it doesn't make any obnoxious noises like the Flowmaster I had on my truck did. The Magnaflow just has a nice deep powerful tone, but if you want a loud muffler it is not the way to go.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had the same noise many of you describe. I hated it. I ended up putting a resonator right in front of the flowmaster. That took care of it. It sounds great now.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
SI / DO 2 1/4" WITH 3 INCH STAINLESS TIPS.
The sound is wicked with no sucking noises!
All custom bent. That also includes an AIRFORCE 1 cai too.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a 40 series muffler on mine dumped right before the rear axle. I hear the sound of like air being rushed through a bent pipe too. I think that it is just the sound that Flowmaster makes. I had a Magnaflow muffler before and it didn't make the sound so I think it's just Flowmaster.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Pay attention to the length of exhaust pipe from the end of the muffler to the tip. This length of exhaust pipe acts just like a pipe organ in a church, and makes different tones depending on length. It makes more difference than you might think.

This is why Dodge put that factory 'resonator' in there too.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't have that sound and don't really know what you guys are talking about. I'd have to hear it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.