DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and formost, This has to be by far the best Ram sight on the net. Now to show my stupidity, how do you remove the wall mounted seat back in the rear to do the mod so it will fold flat :help:
03 1500 QC 4x4

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
First of all WELCOME to DT!!! :gr_patrio You are SOOO right about this place. It has helped me spend WAY too much money and given me more information than I could ever use.
As far as your question, I'm not sure what can be done to your seat. I'm guessing you do NOT have the fold flat rear seat in your quadcab and want to make it so? I was not aware that some QC rear seats don't fold?? I know some had the folding cargo floor thing and some didn't. Is yours bolted to the rear of the cab? I guess I'm not really understanding your question. More details might shed some light. Nevertheless, HOGbuilder welcome aboard :rck: Are you building anything this winter? I'm doing some mods on my 92 Fatboy....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i believe the easiest way is look in the classifieds some 1 in IL was selling the folding rear seats for like 100 bucks...... then just sell yours

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bottom seat section folds "up" to access the storage compartment underneath. The seat back does not fold "down". You can mod the seat back to allow it to fold "down" for a flat surface, but i can figure out how to remove the seat back from the wall to gain access to the "latches" to turn them over so it will allow the seat back to fold down.

funiak, i'm building a "hot rod" electra glide now.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You gotta unbolt the seat frame from the body. The bolts need to be loosened and then you lift up and out to pull the seat back off the wall. At that point take the latches off the back wall and flip them upside down. Then bolt it back in and you now have a folding rear seat back.

KB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks KB, do i unbolt the bottom section?

·
2,160 Posts
harleybuilder said:
My bottom seat section folds "up" to access the storage compartment underneath. The seat back does not fold "down". You can mod the seat back to allow it to fold "down" for a flat surface, but i can figure out how to remove the seat back from the wall to gain access to the "latches" to turn them over so it will allow the seat back to fold down.

funiak, i'm building a "hot rod" electra glide now.
PICS!!!!!??? Here's my Fatboy, NOT a show bike but I like it :gr_patrio

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking bike funinak. here is a springer i built back in the summer.

Attachments

·
2,160 Posts
harleybuilder said:
Nice looking bike funinak. here is a springer i built back in the summer.
SWEET!! I put the same pipes on my bike this year!! Love the leaf blower attachment added to the bike :rck: :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Had to unbolt completely when I did mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks ,exdecuk... going to try it this week when i get time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.