DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Magnaflow 16700 kit installed this morning. Mandrel bent, 100% stainless steel.

Now as to performance, I just got rid of my Flowmaster 50hd cat back kit. In comparison, it is night & day.

The throttle response is noticeably Better and Stronger.:rck:
The MDS noise is about the same or slightly quieter.
At a stoplight, thanks to the 0w20 Amsoil taking care of most the hemi-tick in the motor, the truck, @ idle, is so quiet that I almost felt the need to look at the tachometer to see if the motor was running.:tup:

So, the results so far, are: much better throttle response and much better sound. The muffler on the highway, is louder out of MDS, but tolerable.
When I get on it, it just sounds phenominal!
I think the mandrel bent tubing, along with the deletion of resonators accounts for the boost in performance.
Tommorow, when its a bit warmer here, I will reset the pcm and then my truck will adjust to the new exhaust and perhaps I will see even more improvement.

Get yourselves a Magnaflow exhaust on your trucks, you will Not be sorry, in my opinion, they are worth every penny!:rck:

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
I still don't understand why people put Flowmasters on thier trucks. My 4.7 had a FM 40 on it when I bought it and the new Magnaflow is just like you said, a night and day difference. :rck:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's kinda interesting; the Magnaflow is louder then the Flowmaster when I get on it, yet it is Quieter at idle then the Flowmaster. Not that the Flowmaster was all that loud at idle; it wasn't, but the Magnaflow is quieter then that.

·
paul
951 Posts
i like to try different mufflers and i'm on my #8 so i can tell you guys the Hemi hates chambered mufflers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Now you need to install a magnaflow cat!!!!!

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
I did the same when I had mine flowmaster taken off and I went with the magnaflow. I love to hear that low rumble sound when you take off. That was one of the best thing that I did on mines.

·
I want a Blown Hemi
148 Posts
I am Magnaflow for life, its like stock at idle then when you punch it people can hear you a half football field away. How do you reset your pcm? I just added an airram.com power wire and air scoop to my grill area to forcefeed my K&N air intake.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try to get some pics taken today, since its supposed to be sunny and kind of warm today.
I don't know about doin more stuff to the exhaust because my truck is my every day wheels, and anything I do to it has to be done on days off or vacations, so my modding time is few and far between.
Also, I would have to research places in my state that would do custom exhaust work, since I currently don't know of any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.