DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took the ez out last month and didnt have time to put it back but last week i was crussing on the expressway and my truck was going down like when the fuel filter is durty so i just pull over at the autoparts and bought fuel filteri
i put it on but didnt put any fuel in the cup i started up but the truck keeps acting like the fuel filter is still bad what can it be i allready ran 40 miles and still the same thing and it does it more when is below 1/2 tank any ideas???? can it be air in the injection system and how do i get it out????

·
Registered
576 Posts
How many miles are on it, maybe one of the injectors is starting to go on ya.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am sure is not an injector has to be something else it runs out of fuel it does it when i get on the freeway and step on the gas hard it runs out of fuel if i only cruise it runs fine!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Do this trucks have mass airflow sensor? my previous truck a nissan titan had the same problem and it turned out to be the mass airflow sensor, my dealer had to install a complete new fuel system just to find out that it wasnt the culprit, it was the MAFS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTS-4120 said:
nope, could be faulty lift pump or obstuction in the fuel supply line

i agree but it only does it below1/2 if is above then it will run fine!!!1 :IDEA:

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Did you check the air filter? My 03 did something similar and the air filter was the culprit....
Or you may have gotten some crud on your fuel pickup in the tank. When I was trying to run all the fuel out of the 03 to install the vent relocate the truck started running really badly. I pulled the filter and it had all kinds of crap on it. Put a new one on and filled up and problem went away...
You also may have gotten some bad fuel..

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Sounds like the lift pump is going out.

MikeyB

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The injectors are electronically fired so there's no need of "bleeding the system" after a routine fuel filter change.

Get a fuel pressure (lift pump) test performed. If it checks out OK, then check your engine oil level. I'd suspect one or more injectors leaking and / or going bad.

If the oil level is over full and smells of diesel, stop driving it ASAP.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.