DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a common problem for many Dodge vehicles. My keyless entry worked OK but almost every time I went to unlock the car the unlock button would turn on the interior lights but the doors would not unlock, they would not even try (no noise). I had to press lock first then unlock would work. Right after that I could unlock and lock over and over again without trouble but after waiting so many hours ?? no idea how long... it would again refuse to unlock until I pressed lock again first.

When working on the radio I discovered the keyless entry unit was easily reached behind the radio on my 97 Ram B2500 van. I took it apart and replaced some capacitors. I also noticed there was a latching relay and suspected that could be going bad. I tracked down a replacement and ordered it. Meanwhile I put the unit back in. Replacing the capacitors didn't fix it. A few weeks later when I had to pull the radio again I took the opportunity to replace the relay. Looks like that did it. It's been over a week now and the problem has not returned where before it was 100% every morning and sometimes more often.

The relay I replaced is NEC EP2-3N1ST

Not easy to remove. You'll need some good copper braid and some liquid rosin flux to suck up the solder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.