Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have an 08 Avenger SE 2.4L. I have seen a few discussions about the ETC light coming up on the dash. This has happened to me, as well. Maybe a little over a week ago. At this point, my vehicle is not drivable.....basically. When I start it up, it turns right over. No problem outside of 1500 rpm. Cold start could sometimes push it up to 2300-2500 rpm. But, warm is about 1500 rpm consistently. Now, when I place it in reverse, the RPMs drop and the car begins to shutter and Idle rough in reverse. In drive the shutter is a little less evident but still present and the same goes for the Idle in drive. In neutral, the idle is smooth but seems to rev up from the low rpm level of being in reverse or drive. No ETC light nor CEL, currently. A week ago when the ETC initially came on, I took the TB out and gave it a great cleaning. Popped her back in, reset the computer and things were ok for about a day, then it went into limp mode again. Got a new air filter and reset the comp again. Worked decent for a day or two with the ETC showing up really briefly, accompanied by a very slight shutter, but nothing else. And, it would usually happen when I would slow down from doing maybe 65-70 and getting off of the expressway exit. It then happened again, but not for very long. So, I went and changed the spark plugs and things seems to be fine for a couple of days at this point, until two days ago when it went BACK into Limp mode as I was driving home, but it has not come of it as it has in the previous situations. Today, I grabbed an ignition coil thinking this could be an issue. No luck with that. I am not sure which ignition coil, so i tried them all. None worked, but i don't know if that is because I haven't reset the comp after seeking out the bad one. I really need some help, here. I am the only one in the household with a vehicle. My fiance hasn't drove a vehicle since having our child about 1 year ago,so this THE mode of transportation. It's really effecting our daily routine, as I am sure everyone can understand. Haven't got it scanned because I keep hearing of the inaccuracies Avengers seem to give out, but I am thinking if I can reset the comp, get it to at least run up to an auto part store, and who knows maybe it WILL actually give me an accurate scan. At this point, it could be worth the try. But, if ANY knows ANYTHING that could get me closer to an answer. Maybe experienced this before or know someone who has, that would be awesome. Many discussions I see on this topic seems to involve vehicles that still run ok after experiencing the ETC light, so i am having a hard time finding any guiding information on what could possibly be the issue. Battery less than 2 years old, so I am ruling that out as well. Any contribution would be much appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
replace the throttle body, it is bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.