DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
Kenny that's misleading

it seperates, but you destroy it in the process lol
 

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
KB112 said:
It separates. :D I did a write up on how to do it. Thats how I installed my Laramie Bezel on my dash. Brian aka Slammed1 was selling them for a while, till suplies ran out. I'll see if I can dig up the write up.

KB

Not easily. If I remeber correctly, you have to melt the tabs to get them to release. Not something I wanted to attempt. I had no prob taping off the surrounding areas. You are correct though, it can be removed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,981 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,981 Posts
Chauncy said:
Kenny that's misleading

it seperates, but you destroy it in the process lol
Not true if you take it easy with the drill. :) I actually sold my stock piece on ebay for like $25! Plus a few guys have used the write up to take theirs off and paint it.

mheideman said:
Not easily. If I remeber correctly, you have to melt the tabs to get them to release. Not something I wanted to attempt. I had no prob taping off the surrounding areas. You are correct though, it can be removed.
Its easier than you think in all honesty. Others have done what I said above and sanded theirs down and reinstalled. Or you could always try the new MRK piece.

KB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
looks good.
 

·
I'm Broke..
Joined
·
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,981 Posts
Just remember to take it easy with the drill. Slow and steady is the key, its really easy to punch through it, if you aren't careful. But plenty of guys have done it and managed to not destroy theirs. Post some pics when you are all finished, should look great.

KB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Is that the same color silver as the stock bezel in my Daytona? If so what paint and what color are you guys using. I would like a few things to match but without going crazy.
Thanks
 

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
BobbyC said:
Is that the same color silver as the stock bezel in my Daytona? If so what paint and what color are you guys using. I would like a few things to match but without going crazy.
Thanks
I used Duplicolors Metallic Silver.
 

·
I'm Broke..
Joined
·
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
was it the spraypaint or that paint in the little tubes they sell at the auto shop stores??? been wanting to do that for a while now, cheap and easy mod but dont want to screw it up, thanks in advance guys
 
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top