DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Grayson said:
Drill the rest of the holes in the handle.
I wouldn't have drilled the handle out myself, as I don't care for the look all that much. But now that you started....you may as well finish it. :tup:

KB

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
4xfreak said:
I know how to remove the entire radio bezel, i'm talking about the piece that you have painted silver. Does it seperate from the big piece?
It separates. :D I did a write up on how to do it. Thats how I installed my Laramie Bezel on my dash. Brian aka Slammed1 was selling them for a while, till suplies ran out. I'll see if I can dig up the write up.

KB

·
Registered
22,981 Posts

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Chauncy said:
Kenny that's misleading

it seperates, but you destroy it in the process lol
Not true if you take it easy with the drill. :) I actually sold my stock piece on ebay for like $25! Plus a few guys have used the write up to take theirs off and paint it.

mheideman said:
Not easily. If I remeber correctly, you have to melt the tabs to get them to release. Not something I wanted to attempt. I had no prob taping off the surrounding areas. You are correct though, it can be removed.
Its easier than you think in all honesty. Others have done what I said above and sanded theirs down and reinstalled. Or you could always try the new MRK piece.

KB

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Just remember to take it easy with the drill. Slow and steady is the key, its really easy to punch through it, if you aren't careful. But plenty of guys have done it and managed to not destroy theirs. Post some pics when you are all finished, should look great.

KB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.