DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am such a moron. Friday night, I felt sick all night long, we went downtown with my fiancee's brother and another girl. I paid $20 bucks for two people to get into this stupid club. As I'm walking in with my Fiancee, my ex-gf is walking out (how great), then we stayed a max of 5 minutes, I should have just thrown the $20 in the ditch. WTF. As we were walking back to the truck, I patted my pocket to check for my keys. WTF, SOB!! I said, "I locked my keys in my truck" man I was pissed. This is the first time in my life I have ever done that. I didn't have a hide-a-key, but we had a slim jim. After about 15 minutes of trying with the slim jim, I called Ryan (TTURedRaider) up. He searched DT and called me back. There is a guard, you can't use a slim jim. Damn. My fiancee has a key at her house, we had to call her parents at 1:00 am to come bring us the key. Then, I go unlock the passenger side door, and it won't open. WTF. I go to the drivers side and thank God it did. Saturday, I took my door apart and there is a rod that attaches the opening mechanism to the handle, luckily I was able to reattach the rod.
Sorry this post is so long, I just figured I would share my stupidity with the rest of you, enjoy :D and yes, you can laugh at me :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I have a hide-a-key now

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, no it was a total loss, but I did Saturday, thanks for asking. So the weekend wasn't a total waste :D :rck:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like the hide-a-key idea, I just don't think I could do it. If some idiot found it they'd get a free ride. I think I'd rather swallow my pride and call my mom who has my spare key at her place. I've had to make the call once before and it sucked, I locked the key in the truck with it running and my cell phone inside, to make it even worse it was in the parking lot at work, everyone knew what I did!! I felt like a complete moron!!

Just a tip don't lean on the lock when getting out, or roll down the window if the keys are inside! :D

Andrew

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I don't really like the idea of the hide-a-key either, but I have it in a place where I think no one will find it. (no I'm not telling) but its not under the railing of my truck or in the frame, or anything like that. But, IMO, it is in a great hiding place.

·
Cummins Man
160 Posts
I went and had a flat key made, then I put it in my wallet. Works for me. I never go anywhere with out my wallet, and if someone picks my pocket, it gives me a good reason to kill them! Other than the money reason.

·
Registered
259 Posts
DuckBoats said:
I went and had a flat key made, then I put it in my wallet. Works for me. I never go anywhere with out my wallet, and if someone picks my pocket, it gives me a good reason to kill them! Other than the money reason.
I like that idea ... I have never gotten around to getting a key made for my wallet, I think I should.

·
Registered
259 Posts
RammingDodge said:
well, I don't really like the idea of the hide-a-key either, but I have it in a place where I think no one will find it. (no I'm not telling) but its not under the railing of my truck or in the frame, or anything like that. But, IMO, it is in a great hiding place.
Knowing there is one on your truck, give me 5 minutes and I will find it :D hehe, maybe 10 minutes if you hid it well lol!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
five_7_HEMI said:
Knowing there is one on your truck, give me 5 minutes and I will find it :D hehe, maybe 10 minutes if you hid it well lol!
lol, you coming all the way down from Canada to the bottom of the states to find my hide-a-key? :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
RammingDodge said:
I am such a moron. Friday night, I felt sick all night long, we went downtown with my fiancee's brother and another girl. I paid $20 bucks for two people to get into this stupid club. As I'm walking in with my Fiancee, my ex-gf is walking out (how great), then we stayed a max of 5 minutes, I should have just thrown the $20 in the ditch. WTF. As we were walking back to the truck, I patted my pocket to check for my keys. WTF, SOB!! I said, "I locked my keys in my truck" man I was pissed. This is the first time in my life I have ever done that. I didn't have a hide-a-key, but we had a slim jim. After about 15 minutes of trying with the slim jim, I called Ryan (TTURedRaider) up. He searched DT and called me back. There is a guard, you can't use a slim jim. Damn. My fiancee has a key at her house, we had to call her parents at 1:00 am to come bring us the key. Then, I go unlock the passenger side door, and it won't open. WTF. I go to the drivers side and thank God it did. Saturday, I took my door apart and there is a rod that attaches the opening mechanism to the handle, luckily I was able to reattach the rod.
Sorry this post is so long, I just figured I would share my stupidity with the rest of you, enjoy :D and yes, you can laugh at me :thatfunny
I'm glad to hear a DT member helped you out, and prevented you from trying a slim jim, which would not have worked!

I keep an extra key in my wallet... and my wallet stays on me... I figure if someone wants it bad enough to reach into my shorts, they can have it!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm thinking more and more about putting it in the wallet, that way five 7 Hemi can't come take my truck, because I know he's on the next plane down here, but he'll be in for a disappointment when he gets all the way here, and no more hide-a-key :D lol

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
merc43amg said:
You are talking about the key, aren't you?
yes? :huh:

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
- getting worried here, I am hearing an awful lot about "hiding spots" and "reaching in my pants" and "I can find your 'spot' gimme 5 minutes"

WHAT KIND OF SITE IS THIS???

haha

·
Registered
259 Posts
RammingDodge said:
lol, you coming all the way down from Canada to the bottom of the states to find my hide-a-key? :D
I drove down to see Brian (aka Slammed1) about a month ago now, so maybe I'll go for another drive :D. Just kidding ... even if I found it I would only give it back to you.

Andrew

·
Registered
259 Posts
2-Stroke said:
- getting worried here, I am hearing an awful lot about "hiding spots" and "reaching in my pants" and "I can find your 'spot' gimme 5 minutes"

WHAT KIND OF SITE IS THIS???

haha
Your comment made me remember a joke I heard once: What is the difference between a G spot and a golf ball? A guy will spend more then 2 minutes looking for the golf ball! lol

Andrew

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
five_7_HEMI said:
Your comment made me rember a joke I heard once: What is the difference between a G spot and a golf ball? A guy will spend more then 2 minutes looking for the golf ball! lol

Andrew
lol, thats funny.

2stroke, ah, I understand now, lol

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Well, i cant say i havent done the same thing. Thankfully i did it in the driveway. I shut off my truck, opened the door hopped out got my stuff out of the back. Clicked the lock button on the door and shut it. As soon as i shut the door i knew what i had done. THERE WAS NO DOOR CHIME!!!! I went inside and got the spare and all was well. I noticed that the key has to be FULLY in the ignition to ding when the doors open. If it is slightly out it is silent. I was embarrassed because my neighbors were all outside and saw me do it! DOH! Been there man, been there!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, this is what I always do when I am in my truck. I shut it off and pull the key out slightly so I don't hear that annoying chime and then I grab what I need, then pull the key out and lock the door, then get out. This time, I was waiting on the girl in the car next to me to get out, so I sat there with my door partially opened and my key slightly pulled out of the ignition. She took about 30 seconds to get out, and then I started talking to her when I was getting out and without even thinking about it, locked my door and shut it.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.