41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
maybe 7200 lb 4x4 trucks on oversized tires aren't meant for pavement do-nuts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
My 7900lb one did. :flipa: Of course, it was my diesel so it had more power.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i dont have a 3gen ram, but i just wanted to comment on this thread. i had been doing donuts on my 98 ram for some time. one night on the original power steering pump, i descided to put the wheel at full lock and then gun it, both times i did this my power steering went out. every time i had done it before i was rolling, and it was no problem the original powersteering pump lasted 80k before shitting out. i asked a mechanic, and its to much of a stress on the pump on full lock. then i went and bought a rebuild from my local autoparts store and bought a power steering pump. the first donut i did the power steering pump went out, broke its bearing, and wedged my pully tearing my new belt. i was furious went back to the auto parts store since the pump was only 2 months old. they gave me a new belt and a new pump, this one is much nicer they gave me the more expensive one, if you ask me the facotry one was so much more durable and better. i know many chevy and ford guys who have gone through so many power steering pumps its unbelieveable i am so far the only one who has only gone thorugh 2 of them, and i really give that pump a workout. my chevy friend just about goes through a new one every month if he cocks his wheel all the way and gives it half gas his pump goes out. i have chilled out on the donuts, although i did break in the new pump pretty well so far. you just have to remember you have a 7k rig that isnt ment to do what you are doing with it, personally from what i ahve seen i think the dodge trucks are more durable than my friends trucks. every night when some of us show off, i am always the least one to break something, and i have really given this truck a ride. i have never seen a v8 redline or downshift so hard, and i have never seen a 7k truck go so fast or beat so many cars. i am not trying to brag, i am just saying these trucks are not weak, to me they are build pretty damm tough not sure about the 3gen but the 2gen sure are.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The P/S hose on my 02' came loose two weeks after I bought my truck in December of 01. I took it back to the dealer, and everything was fixed fine. Just about 4 months ago, April 05', I was at the dealer getting an oil change, when the service rep came into the waiting room and asked why I was running with no fluid in the P/S pump. I freeked out and said WHAT!!? He should me where the fliud had been leaking. I reminded him of the day 3 years ago when I brought it in just after buying it. They cleaned up the mess, replaced all the hoses, clamps and P/S fluid. The pump NEVER did make ANY noise, and dosen't to this day. Today, she's still running great. 53,000 miles and everything purrs....

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
My Redneck way of saying "coincedence" since I have a hard enough time saying it let alone spelling it.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Chauncy said:
maybe 7200 lb 4x4 trucks on oversized tires aren't meant for pavement do-nuts
Mine weighs 6400 lbs but I get the point. It just sucks to have a truck that has more power to do things I've done in the past but now I can't because it will break. I mean this was the first one I did an dit went out. I don't think it's a coinkidink.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.