DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some info. I know I can figure it out when I get the car but if I can get a jump on it so i can mentally plan i would appreciate. I have already seen that the battery is in the cargo area. Where are you guys tapping into the speakers? Can I get an accessory turn on from the sirius tuner in the 1/4 panel?

If there is a link to a thread it would be helpful i searched for it but came up short.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can get a remote turn on out of the fuse block by the battery in the rear. I read somewhere that block 18 is acc on and unused. I am trying to find out about tapping into the speaker wires also.

Pete

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
There should still be a remote turn-on off the stock unit... at least I think there is.

As for tapping into the speakers... any place will be fine, as long as it's to a rear speaker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From my post on Pheonix Gold's site. jdelancey posted this info.

From the Daimler LX Body Electronic Service Manual (Re: Radio Types). This info applies to Dodge Magnum or Charger AND Chrysler 300.

DESCRIPTION

FOUR SPEAKER
The four speaker system includes four speakers in four locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter
speaker is located in each front door. There is also one 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located
on each side of the rear shelf.

SIX SPEAKER
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter
speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side
of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel.

SIX SPEAKER - BOSTON ACOUSTICS
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter
speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side
of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel. This
speaker system also includes an amplifier. The total available power of the speaker system is 288 watts.

EIGHT SPEAKER - BOSTON ACOUSTICS
The eight speaker system features eight speakers in eight locations. One 16.5 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter
of the rear shelf. A subwoofer is located on the rear shelf (sedan only) Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are
located on the top portion of the instrument panel. This speaker system also includes an amplifier. The total available
power of the speaker system is 380 watts.

Additional info on the separate amped versions of LX Radios:

The amplifier (2) is available in two ratings: 288 watt (RD7), and 380 watt (RDF). The amplifier is mounted to the left of the steering column under the instrument panel.

OPERATION
The amplifier receives fused battery current from a fuse in the rear Power Distribution Center (PDC) at all times. The internal circuitry of the amplifier switches the amplifier ON based upon a CAN bus message that is received from the radio receiver whenever the radio is turned on. The amplifier receives the sound signal inputs from the left and right rear outputs of the radio, then sends the amplified speaker outputs for each of those channels to the speakers.

ALSO from lxforum

The wires to the amplifier are the following:

Radio pin A18- Radio Left Rear +: Dark Green / DarkBlue (amp pin A7)
Radio pin A19- Radio Left Rear - : Dark Green / Orange (amp pin A19)
Radio pin A21- Radio Right Rear +: Grey / Dark Blue (amp pin A8 )
Radio pin A20- Radio Right Rear -: Grey / Orange (amp pin A19)

In addition to these, there are unused pins in the radio if you have the 6 speaker system:

Radio pin A10- Radio Front Left Door +
Radio pin A9- Radio Front Left Door -
Radio pin A7- Radio Front Right Door +
Radio pin A8- Radio Front Right Door -

Coming out of the amplifier there are a host of wires (the amp controls the fade FROM front to back and throws some DSP in there as well) for all the speakers (all six are connected separately)

Amp pin B1- Frt Lt Door +: Grey / Violet
Amp pin B7- Frt Lt Door -: Grey / Yellow
Amp pin A1- Dash Left +: Grey / Orange
Amp pin A10- Dash Left -: Grey / Yellow
Amp pin A2- Dash Right +: Grey / Dark Green
Amp pin A11- Dash Right -: Grey / Light Green
Amp pin B2- Frt Rt Door +: Dark Green / Violet
Amp pin B8- Frt Rt Door -: Dark Green / Yellow
Amp pin B4- Rear Right +: Dark Green / Brown
Amp pin B12- Rear Right -: Yellow / Grey
Amp pin B3- Rear Left +: Dark Green / Tan
Amp pin B9- Rear Left -: Dark Green / Grey