DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the hypertech programmer for a 03-04 hemi ram will work on a 05 hemi ram, and if so what types of power increases am I going to expect.

·
Die Hard Dodge Fan
115 Posts
I have an '03 and I was wondering the same thing. What kind of gains would I be able to expect out of this? I am wondering about real world, as opposed to what the box says. Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I have one on my 03...The truck seems like it is a little bit quicker...The shifting firmness is the most noticable thing, that I have noticed...I have not notice any increase in mpg...
Dont except awesome power out of a programmer on a gas motor...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
i dont think the programmer does anything with the shifting on 05s though... id wait for the superchips, it is supposed to be better...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have the HPP3 installed on my '03 Hemi and it was a worth-while mod IMO. Alot better shifting(for '03s only) and a decent gain in power. I picked up about 3 tenths and 3mph in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
keven said:
...I have not notice any increase in mpg...
Dont except awesome power out of a programmer on a gas motor...

Honest answer from a programmer owner. :thatfunny

I put a Hypertech 3 on my TA and saw no increase in power or milage. It did allow for shift point adjustment and speedo adjustment. Hardley worth $300.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i bought an hpp3 for my 05' hemi, the first one didnt work, so i took it back to 4 wheel parts and got a new one, well the second didnt work either, we called the hypertech office and the rep didnt even know if they offered a programmer for my truck. well after a few minutes of me explaining which products were available for my truck to the hypertech employee, it turns out you need an upgrade 13 or higher on the programmer itself, so i sent it off 2 weeks ago and have not heard back yet, as of now i wish i would have waited for the super chips because im going to buy one anyway, but i will post any gains if i ever get the Hypertech back.
aaron

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
to make the 03-04 hypertech programmer work on an 05 ram you have to send it to hypertech to get updated to a new version?

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
get the new superchips, it is the best thing that has ever come around!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.