DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 1500 Quad Cab Hemi with 17" wheels. I first put the Gibson Super Truck exhaust and love the sound. I had to cut about 3" of the exhaust pipe and deburr the inside of the muffler to get the exhaust to sit where I wanted it to fit. I then upgraded the computer with the Hypertech. Stiffer shifts, increase in rpm shift points, higher mph, better performance and increase in mpg. I have manually shifted my truck at 6,000 and when shifting to second there is no hesitation, and fastest I have had it is 115 mph. The third thing I did was install the PowerAid throttle body spacer and can feel the improvement. If you look around the Hypertech maybe still available for $359. I was getting 17.5 mpg driving about 64 miles at an average of 55 mph and having to stop and go about 10 times. I have driven the truck with the above improvements with some city and highway driving and still getting 16.1 mpg so highway is probably a lot better than 17.5.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Keep in mind your tires may not be rated for HIGH speeds... so If that somthing your going to do often or even ever again... make sure your tires are up to the task!

One word of advice.....Remove the SPACER and go faster!

Congrats on your new mods.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
glad that you're happy.. now get some 4.56 and your mpgs will really shoot up especially if you drive 55 on the highway.

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
now get some 4.56 and your mpgs will really shoot up especially if you drive 55 on the highway.
The day I drive my Hemi at 55 on the highway, is the day I trade it in for a Hyundai...

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
The day I drive my Hemi at 55 on the highway, is the day I trade it in for a Hyundai...
Bumper sticker material!!! :rck:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Black05Hemi said:

Traffic? Sounds like that is what he was fighting. Some parts of this country have it bad.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
dbach... Lose the spacer... Nick is right... that thing is going to end up killing your performance and whatnot...

And yes... Next... GEARS GEARS GEARS!!!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Whassssssssssssssup Mr. Pres!

Speaking of which... I think Im gonna go Bump our thread!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
dskirtech said:
Whassssssssssssssup Mr. Pres!

Speaking of which... I think Im gonna go Bump our thread!!!!

What a SICKO!!! :thatfunny

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
dbach said:
I have a 2003 1500 Quad Cab Hemi with 17" wheels. I first put the Gibson Super Truck exhaust and love the sound. I had to cut about 3" of the exhaust pipe and deburr the inside of the muffler to get the exhaust to sit where I wanted it to fit. I then upgraded the computer with the Hypertech. Stiffer shifts, increase in rpm shift points, higher mph, better performance and increase in mpg. I have manually shifted my truck at 6,000 and when shifting to second there is no hesitation, and fastest I have had it is 115 mph. The third thing I did was install the PowerAid throttle body spacer and can feel the improvement. If you look around the Hypertech maybe still available for $359. I was getting 17.5 mpg driving about 64 miles at an average of 55 mph and having to stop and go about 10 times. I have driven the truck with the above improvements with some city and highway driving and still getting 16.1 mpg so highway is probably a lot better than 17.5.
I wouldn't advise running the 5.7L Hemi above 5600 RPM as BAD THINGS CAN AND WILL HAPPEN!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Valves and pistons like to get touchy feely with each other at those rpms for extended amounts of time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.