DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever done this. The site is below. I pulled the main part out. Read below

dodgedieseldatabase

A real good indication of how well your transmission operates is by looking in the pan. A properly operating transmission should have a clean pan (no metal or clutch material on the bottom of the pan). If you see metal or brass in the pan, the transmission fluid is not lubricating properly. It is becoming too hot and thin. Keep in mind that transmissions can operate at quite a hot temperature (200-300f), with no ill effects providing the oil doesn’t get too thin. The problem with regular ATF is that it is really thin at 200f. You basically have two choices. Either install an auxiliary oil cooler to lower the transmission fluid and provide better lubrication, or switch to synthetic transmission oil or alternative oil such as hydraulic oil instead of ATF. When you think of hydraulic oil in a transmission, it is exactly that. After all, an automatic transmission is operated hydraulically, so it is not so far fetched. I use it in my Dodge instead of an oil cooler, and my pan stays clean 24/7.

This is from a Tranny Mech of 30 yrs. Did anyone ever try hydaulic fluid in the tranny?

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you live in a warmer climate Its suppose to be best ... I dont run it here in Ohio because I think when the temp is low it will get real thick .

Thats a good artical and many of an argument has been started from it ,,,

It all has been proven as Facts BTW.

DM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in PA and that was my concern too. With all the problems with the Auto Trans in the Dodge line it sound like a very logical idea. Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.