Votes: 2 8.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well... I have a small dent in my tailgate where a buddy of mine dropped it on a trailer windy down deal.. (Dont know the correct name). Well I went to get an estimate and it waslike f-n $378 Screw That. ( I am a nice guy, not making buddy pay for it ) Well a guy I know works at a custom hotrod shop in Martin, TN.. they are really good (Got a 20 page write up on a Jeep Willis Build Up and the COver of Truckin Magazine for Dec.06) Well he wants to hook me up pretty good on fixing the dent and shaving my tailgate?!?! You all think this would look good? Should I get the tailgate shaved... I think it would clean it up some more! Let me know guys THanks!!
1st Pic - cheap photochop of fixed dent and shaved....
2nd pic - dent and handle

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OO I have already debadged since this pic was taken to....

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
shave it all while ur at it, you will be really happy

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
OH and it will tempt you to get a roll pan, and then drop :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man.. I dont know if a drop would fit over my 35's.... would be kinda hard to tuck!

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
Lool it would look good

·
Registered
589 Posts
It looks so much better with is shaved.
You might as well get is shaved if you are thinking about it now. If you pay 200 plus jus to repair, you will want it shaved later which will cost the same vs shaving and repair all at once for the same low price
Batman

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
DonG313 said:
Man.. I dont know if a drop would fit over my 35's.... would be kinda hard to tuck!
LOL That may take some extra fabrication other than Shaving the handle.. .:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am gonna get a for sure price and most likly get it done.. was thinking about doors to.. on a lifted truck it would be something diffrent but with resale value that would suck it up bad... might just get those and mirrors painted.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Man your gate,looks almost like mine. I have 2 small dents near the rim (top) of the gate. Looking into the(paintless dent removal) Where they use the special tools to remove the dents. They are pretty small.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Shave it. I just de-badged my truck and now I'm eyeing that tailgate handle myself. Especially since I got some dents and dings that need to be fixed.. hmm :)

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
My 98 was a month old when I drove a snowmobile through it. (long story, stuck throttle, tilt trailer, too much to drink) I ended up welding the tailgate, mudding it and putting a small mural on it.

Attachments

·
Searching for an Avatar
30 Posts
Shaved is nice, if you're gonna shave other things too. Personally, I think paint matched handles would look best for the direction you've taken your truck.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
If you do one... do them all. Otherwise, I'd say paint match everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.