DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Multiple Dodge Owner
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 20" eagle 079 wheels w/ 295/70 nitro terra grapplers on my 06 1500. I've tried numerous shops trying to get the vibration out. Finally after reading on several other forums it seems like these wheels not being hub centric is to blame. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what size rings I need to order.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have 20" eagle 079 wheels w/ 295/70 nitro terra grapplers on my 06 1500. I've tried numerous shops trying to get the vibration out. Finally after reading on several other forums it seems like these wheels not being hub centric is to blame. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what size rings I need to order.
You will need to contact the Manufacturer, to obtain the exact specs on that specific wheel. THen you can contact the maker of the rings so they can make them specific. There are no "off the shelf" rings for that situation. Hubcentric wheels are the way to go.

THere are universal hub centric rings (usually plastic) that help align the wheels while tightening the lug nuts. THose are NOT always going to be accurate as they are plastic and will not provide a perfect mount.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You will need to contact the Manufacturer, to obtain the exact specs on that specific wheel. THen you can contact the maker of the rings so they can make them specific. There are no "off the shelf" rings for that situation. Hubcentric wheels are the way to go.

THere are universal hub centric rings (usually plastic) that help align the wheels while tightening the lug nuts. THose are NOT always going to be accurate as they are plastic and will not provide a perfect mount.
Agreed for the most part but i've only used plastic hub rings on my last 3 sets of rims and have never had a problem.
http://www.justforwheels.com/index.jsp?cat=hubcentric&sub=how&track=GHR

·
Multiple Dodge Owner
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I ordered me a set. They should be here Mon or Tues. Hopefully it fixes my problem.

·
Multiple Dodge Owner
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't fix my problem. Still getting a vibration at 60+ MPH. Thinking of posting the wheels and tires in the trade section. Or buy me a set of factory 20s and try those with my tires.

·
Registered
952 Posts
How well are they balanced?

·
Multiple Dodge Owner
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are balanced using the bean bag weights that bust when you spun them on the tire machine. I used them on my 84 w/ 33s and they worked perfectly. Tire place thinks it's not a balance issue cause it doesn't go away but gets worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts