DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I can ever get back into trucking, it would be a hotshot Dodge5500 with a sleeper. But because of an leg amputation, I need an automatic to drive. I've heard thru a few grapevines that the AISIN is not holding up to the work. I want to hear from those of you who drive with the AISIN if it is worth it. Photo is from Cooper Motor co. in S.Carolina.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I drive an 09 5500 with a 4000# crane and 11' service body. I have 180,000 miles on it and it weighs 16,000#. I don't tow much, but I have had no issues with the Aisin.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, change the fluid and filter every 30,000. The fluid at the dealer is expensive. I found that Amsoil full synthetic OE style trains fluid has the Aisin spec, and cheaper. I have used it since the second change with no issues. The filter is expensive at the dealer also, about $125. The guy at Napa didn't have a listing for the 4500 and 550 with the Aisin so I took the chance and bought the one that was listed for the 3500. It is the same filter and it comes with the gasket for less than half of dealer price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.