Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think i've decided on my new tires and rims :rck:

Nitto Mud grapplers 37x13.50R17 with MB predator 17X10 8-165.1 -25AM
and then a 5"-6" lift, haven't chose a brand yet.

Heres a pics of the rims and tires, how do guys think they will look on my silver truck?
I liked the predators because they are on special for $115 a rim! I think that's a steal for the size. The website doesn't say the BS, so i'm going to have to check when I phone, i'm thinking if it's between 3.5-4 BS I will be fine to clear these?

· Registered
4,446 Posts
I like those rims but think a 18 would be better.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh Brown said:
I like those rims but think a 18 would be better.
Ya I agree, however the widest 18" in them is 8.5 which IMO is to narrow, and for that it's $50 more a rim. I am looking at discount tire, i've went to other sites but they want to much money for comparable rims or tires. I'm still looking at other sites, went to topguncustomz, 4wheelparts, all are a lot more cash for tires/rims.

· Registered
9,272 Posts
i love the muds....i wear them daily.

· Registered
410 Posts
I'm not knocking other guys Mud Grapplers... but beware, they're not the quietest pavement pounders. Great for off road... but a little noisy on the freeway compared to others like the Toyo M/T's or Mickey MTZ's.
Sweet looking tread though. They look tough.

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Your tires are going to stick much farther out with a 17x10 wheel and -25mm offset (that is 4.5" backspacing) and 13.5" wide tires. If that is what you are looking for, go for it! :)

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dachman1 said:
I'm not knocking other guys Mud Grapplers... but beware, they're not the quietest pavement pounders. Great for off road... but a little noisy on the freeway compared to others like the Toyo M/T's or Mickey MTZ's.
Sweet looking tread though. They look tough.
I had Baja claws before, so i'm not to worried about noise, i'm more concerned about proformence. I want them to stick out, like 2-3" or so looks great IMO, but not far enough to start putting a big strain on the drivetrain, and I don't want the tires to rub when turning. I believe before my tires were 13.50 with 8" rim with 4.5 BS, so even if they stick out an extra " or so that's good for me. I was considering Toyo's but I really like the look of the Nitto's more.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blk_fxstc said:
You'll stick out 2" more than your previous setup with the 17x10 - 4.5" BS.
Ah ok, that's still not bad less chance of rubbing. Do you think i'd clear these with 4" lift or think I will need 5" or 6"?

· Banned
30 Posts
+1 on the 6 inch. The Nittos look better to me as well. Your truck will look sick!

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blk_fxstc said:
I think you'll need 6" with that tire/wheel combo.
My wallet doesn't like that LOL. But I kinda want a 6" more now, just for extra clearance. But some kits are saying you need a Indexing Ring for standard, but others aren't, I don't see how some 6" kits need it and others don't. Some say if driveline vibration occurs...

I do agree that my truck will look sick with them, I can't wait :rck:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.