DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in a wreck and i want to get the street scene bumper to replace the one that i have now...how well does it fit.. Was is easy to install..where did you get it and how much was it to paint.. Thanks :help:

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Mine fits really good. The only think that I didn't like was that it really only is mounted by 4 screws that are the same ones that you have now that hold the top bumper piece on in the fenderwells. It suggests using double stick tape along the top of the cover to hold it better, but my body shop guy had some super adhesive and he glued it down to the chrome bumper really well. He said he didn't like tape for that application. Also make sure that whoever paints it uses a flex agent in the bumper so you dont have cracking down the road. I would not hesitate buying another Street Scene bumper cover for another vehicle, I really like mine. Actually I was going to suggest to you on your wreck thread about just knocking the dents out of your chrome bumper and getting one, but didn't know if you were trying for that kind of look with your truck.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
werd^ the bumpers look awesome.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh so to put the street scene bumper on i would have to get my bumper fixed and then put the street scene bumper over that?? i thought that i could just replace the messed up bumper with the street scene one..

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
The street scene goes over the chrome bumper after you remove fog light bezels, lower grill piece, and the cover on the top of the bumper. You would probably need to try and pound the dents out of your chrome bumper and get it back straight before putting the SS bumper over it.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm ok thanks.. i dont know what i am going to do now... i may just go with the sport bumper..my crome bumper it pretty messed up the brackets are all bent and shit..what do you think i should do...i dont want to get it fixed and then just put a cover over it..the damage came to about $2300...and i want to buy a painted grill shell how much do those run??

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess that i could just get a new crome peice and leave everything elese off and then buy the ss bumper and have them paint that and put it on..on the estimate the painted peice came to $225 not painted, the crome part is $510

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I have seen those grill shells for about $75 on ebay that are black ready to paint. I would think that you should be able to pound out the chrome bumper to get the shape back if you are just going to cover it up with the SS cover to same some money. But if it is bent more than I think and the brackets are bent too badly, you might be better just getting a new chrome bumper or even the sport bumper like you said. Either one would look good, just depends on which you like better.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already have a roll pan...yeah ill decide when i get the check form the guy and ill let you know what i do.. thanks for the input ky

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yeah i got ya.. where did you get your bottom grill i can only find the one like i have the long one peice.. im looking for the 2 peice one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.