DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here I go, this is my first ever wright up so I'm gonna do my best! So bare with me!

This wright up is going to explain to you the basic steps to putting your badges back on your Dodge Ram! In this thread I only put on RAM but the concept is all the same! I hope this helps!(Oh and I don't have a cool video like Mike or Frog, sorry :( )

Supplies
1. You badges(black, blue, pink, purple, crome...whatever your choice color is)
2.Rubbing Alcohal
3. 100% cotton towel
4. Masking tape
5. Marker or a pen
6. Level
7. A chair( if you want one :) )
8. 3M tape
9. Ruler

Step 1.) Make sure your badges are complete, however you want them painted or if you just want the crome ones back on. If painted, make sure they are dry to the touch and you can handle them without messing up you finish.

Step 2.) Apply your 3M tape, trim away all the excess tape with a knife, or something sharp. ( I say sharp because when you try and cut the extra of and the knife is not sharp it will make the edges of you badges look like crap)

Step 3.) Now its time to prep your truck. Take your 100% cotton towel and poor your alcohal on the towel, wipe down the area that you are going to be applying your badges. (some people say they didn't use alcohal, wich is fine, but make sure the surface is clean so the tape can stick properly). Let the area dry or simply wipe it off!

Step 4.) Here comes the fun part, take your level(mine was magnetic) and place on the spot your wanting to put your badges. Side noteI could still see were my badges were, so I did not have to do any measuring, but if you can not see were you old badges were, measure were you want your badges to be and thats exactly were you want to place you level!

Step 5.) After I had place my level were my badges are going to be(making sure I didn't drag the level becasue that would be bad) I place the piece of masking tape directly under the level. The level and the tape are actually going to touch so you know that you piece of tape is level. This took two or three trys for me. It was kinda hard.

Step 6.) After the tape has been placed and you know that your tape is level, remove the level.

Step 7.) With a pen or a marker, make a mark on your tape closes to your front fender ( you are going to be working from right to left of passanger side, and left to right on drivers side) were you want your badge to start. This mark will show you were you are going to place your first badge. I lined up (working from passanger side) the very right up my badge with this mark.

Step 8.) Now its time to place your badge on you truck. Make sure the area is still clean. I aplied my badge starting with the bottom of the badge rite on the edge of the tape (fallow the tape becasue that will help your keep your badges level) As soon as the bottom of my badge was sitting on the top of my tape, I just roated the badge toward my truck untill is was on. After I seen that is was level, I presses hard to help the tape do its job.

Step 9.) Take your ruler, and measure how far you want you badges to be spaced apart. I went with 3/4 of an inch. Make you mark with your pen or marker. This mark will be the starting point for the right side of your badge(passanger side) Remember, work from right to left on the passenger side, and left to right on drivers side(if you doing your tailgate I suggest going from left to right :D )

Step 10.) Repeat step 8

Step 11.) Measure another 3/4 of an inch from that badge and repeat step 8 again. Getting started is the hard part, after that its just measure and place.

Step 12.) Make sure your badges are how you want them, wich I hope they are because then you would have to debadge your truck again=more work!

Step 13.) Remove your masking tape!

Step 14.) Admire your work and repeat steps for the other side of the truck! :D

I hope this helps anyone and everyone. Like I said above this is my first wright up! If you have any questions please do not be afraid to call me at (812)344-1699 or just simply PM me!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
look great!!! Nice write up :tup:

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
cool

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
well after looking again......there is something missing from your list of supplies and instructions.................... beer :D

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was all out from the tinting my tail lights! And only being 20 I cant just go get more(the actually check the date on Military ID now, aint that some $hit)! But the wifey turns 21 in three weeks so there is my supply again! :D

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool! How do you like it? Came out great!
Thanks man! I love it! I loved the naked look but I love this more! I kinda wish I had the newer badges but these do just fine! Maybe down the road if I get bored I'll swap them for the new ones! :D

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
nice write up.

If the truck goes back on lease all of the badges (I assume) will have to go back on. I don't think I will be as detailed as you though. Someone else gets my baby they might have a rams head badge at the bottom right hand side of the tailgate instead. LOL

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice write up.

If the truck goes back on lease all of the badges (I assume) will have to go back on. I don't think I will be as detailed as you though. Someone else gets my baby they might have a rams head badge at the bottom right hand side of the tailgate instead. LOL
You'll have to post pictures of that! lol

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
You'll have to post pictures of that! lol
nah - I will turn it in with the badges in a box with some 3M tape. Tell them to do it themselves! :)

Who am I kidding? This truck ain't going anywhere......

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah - I will turn it in with the badges in a box with some 3M tape. Tell them to do it themselves! :)

Who am I kidding? This truck ain't going anywhere......
I was gonna say, I though you was gonna try and buy it! If you do turn it back in keep SCHROEDERMP in mind for the t-mirrors! :D

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
I was gonna say, I though you was gonna try and buy it! If you do turn it back in keep SCHROEDERMP in mind for the t-mirrors! :D
Either way - in August 2010 there will be some sort of sale. Either my stock crap or the stuff I added! :D

ok, back on topic.

Great work on the badges. They look good (you know, for badges....) :cool:

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Either way - in August 2010 there will be some sort of sale. Either my stock crap or the stuff I added! :D

ok, back on topic.

Great work on the badges. They look good (you know, for badges....) :cool:
Yup on topic... thanks man!!!

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I figured I'd say it before anyone else! I know my truck is disgusting(dirty) she is getting washed and waxed this weeked. We have had nothing but rain here so its been like that! :D

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
And I figured I'd say it before anyone else! I know my truck is disgusting(dirty) she is getting washed and waxed this weeked. We have had nothing but rain here so its been like that! :D
nice....just stay away from those badges with a pressure washer.

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice....just stay away from those badges with a pressure washer.
Of I will! If I use the power washer at the house I keep it low PSI and stand far enough away!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I was even talking about the ones a car washes :D I had to repaint all my badges :thatfunny

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was even talking about the ones a car washes :D I had to repaint all my badges :thatfunny
I don't do car washes any more! I went when I first got my truck and got a nice 12" scratch on my bed! It was supposed to be the best in the town and they made sure you had nothing in your bed when it, hell they made me sweep mine out, but as soon as I got home I saw the scratch. I went back and they said I had to notice it before I left their lot or else they don't cover it! i was hot!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.