DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my 2008 ram's headlights dont turn on when i press unlock unlike my 07 dodge charger. I find that the headlights on is quite useful in finding your car in a dark parking lot or in any dark situation.

Is there anyway to turn it on when the unlock button is pressed by programming it?

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Did you try to leave your headlights on when you get out? They go off automatically after a few minutes and I think they will come on then. Could be wrong but worth a try maybe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you try to leave your headlights on when you get out? They go off automatically after a few minutes and I think they will come on then. Could be wrong but worth a try maybe.
It's explained in owners manual as stated above. Real simple...

·
Registered
116 Posts
hmmm..........I just scoured my 08 owners manual. I must be blind tonight.

No Your not blind, I'm an idiot (LOL)...On my 06, I just looked at the manual and my headlights DO NOT flash when I use the factory remote - just the parking lights. I must have been referring to the horn chirp feature when I responded to your post. I turned mine off. The other little item I did was to activate the all doors unlock on the first press of the unlock button.

Sorry about misleading you and sending you on a useless reading venture.

·
Dodge Tech
1,603 Posts
my sport the lights come on soon as you hit unlock.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
You need to go to the dealer, they can turn it on with the starScan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.