DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about a two inch levelng kit. My only concern is a few places I go, I park in garages that I am JUST clearing right now. I'm wondering if the two inch leveling kit actually raises your vehicle two inches, or is it more like 1 3/4 or shorter? FOR test purposes I was going to just go buy a few magnets say 2inches tall and slap them on my roof for a week to see if I would be scrapping anywhere.. I wouldnt get real heavy ones, i dont wanna scratch my paint..

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
A two inch kit raises you about two inches. That's why it's called a two inch level. :D

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I disagree, the 2" you get is in the front and since the back of the cab is about 6' from the point you are raising I would imagine you would get little to no actual height increase.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm, so you're saying that even if i install a 2inch leveling kit up front the highest point of my truck which seems to be the rear of the cab will be untouched?

just found this on the TC website

Amount of Lift: 2" Front / 0" Rear ...... hmmmmmmm looks like im installing these next weekend....

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is how it works. Imagine if you took a 12' 2x10 piece of lumber and put on end on a 6" block and the other end of it on a 4" block and then measured the center. Then put both ends on a 6" block and measure, I doubt the center has gained anything. Try it, you could do it with anything and do the measurements to see.

·
06 Dodge Ram QC TRX4
344 Posts
When i put the leveling kit on our truck, i could def. tell a height difference when climbing in the cab. Before the front of the bed is lower than the rear. now, the bed rails are level. the middle of ur truck will go up, but no where near 2 inches

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm assuming , i'll need an alignment after .... CRAP... I just had 1 done last month.... urghhhh...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i got my credit card defrosted from the freezer. I see a few different flavors of these leveling kits. All seem to be the 2 inch blocks i insert above my tower and bolt into place.... Do you guys have any preference for manufacturer?

Mike

·
06 Dodge Ram QC TRX4
344 Posts
Yes, you will need a alignment after.

·
06 Dodge Ram QC TRX4
344 Posts
I just noticed you have the 2500... i was thinkin you had a 1500

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I have a 2500 leveled with 35" tires and I am at 6'7" to the highest part of my truck, so that tells you if you will fit where you have been going.

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
I use my antenna as a guide, mine is exactly 1/2 inch longer than the tallest part of my truck, the satellite receiver :) With the kit, you will raise the cab, but it will be minimal.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
I don't think my 2.5" kit raised my rear at all. So with that in mind..

Going toward the tailgate - it's may increase - but the angle of which is going to be acute.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
When I put my 2" kit on it raised the roofline approx 1.5 inches.
It may have raised the roof line by the windshield but it could not have raised the rear of the cab that much. If you put bigger tires on then that would do it.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
ok i got my credit card defrosted from the freezer. I see a few different flavors of these leveling kits. All seem to be the 2 inch blocks i insert above my tower and bolt into place.... Do you guys have any preference for manufacturer?

Mike
If it were me, I'd take a look at Kore's leveling kit. It's going to be a little more than just a spacer kit, but you'll actually get some performance out of it too: http://koreperformance.com/dodge-ram-lift-kits/leveling-kit-1.5.htm

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I will say you WILL increase you cab hight, but it'll be around 1-1.25" w/ a 2" kit. 1.25-1.75" with a 2.5 spacer.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Measure the height of the truck at different points. Then, put some 2" pieces of wood under the front tires. Measure again and see what the difference is. From there, you can put the appropriate magnet or whatever on the top of your cab to see if you're gonna hit anything.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Measure the height of the truck at different points. Then, put some 2" pieces of wood under the front tires. Measure again and see what the difference is. From there, you can put the appropriate magnet or whatever on the top of your cab to see if you're gonna hit anything.
genious

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.