DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 hemi QC, I have the superchips programed to it, but i want to reset the PCM. How do I do it ?? Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
unhook the neg battery terminel for about 10min that should do it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
lincoln1003 said:
unhook the neg battery terminel for about 10min that should do it
and the ground...

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Disconnecting the batter will not reset the pcm.

You need to leave the battery connected, remove the pcm fuse then buckle the driver seat belt, put the key in and turn to start and hold it there (it won't start). You will hear a chime and if you hold it a lttle longer you'll hear a 2nd chime.

The first chime is the pcm is reset. The second is the trans control is reset.

Disconnecting the battery will reset some stuff, but not the pcm stuff that you are looking for.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the PCM fuse marked ? Is the fuse under the hood ? I have never really been under the hood except to check fluids and change airfilter,so im not sure where things are at.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Yeah its under hood in the fuse box by the battery. Take off the lid and you'll see all the fuses and on the bottom of the lid is all the explanations and fuse #s.

Thats how it is on the 03-05's. Never poped the hood on an 06, but should be the same.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
superchips

if you want to reinstall the stock program you need to use the pogramer to remove the performance program plug it in and go to performance then stock then install

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yeah its the same as the older ones it's under the hood and its location is marked on the underside of the fuse box lid. The method mentioned above with the key is the correct method for our 06's as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.