DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions in the manual make it seem so easy, and I think it should be. However, when you remove the access door in the wheel well, I can't see the light socket as it is not in the my line of sight. Can someone who has done it explain to me where I should be reaching to get to the light socket? Is it easier if I remove the headlight assembly instead? Then in that case, how many bolts are there that is holding the headlight assembly? thanks all!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Turn signal/parking bulb replacement

Look up and under the car in front of the tire and you will see a round cover with a rectangular bar on it (part of the fender liner and it is a cover for the lights)). Turn the bar counter clockwise to unlock this cover and take it out. Now you will see the bulb holder, pull it out, take the bulb from the holder and replace it and then all is reverse of the removal procedure.

·
BYO Plastic Cutlery
210 Posts
Look up and under the car in front of the tire and you will see a round cover with a rectangular bar on it (part of the fender liner and it is a cover for the lights)). Turn the bar counter clockwise to unlock this cover and take it out. Now you will see the bulb holder, pull it out, take the bulb from the holder and replace it and then all is reverse of the removal procedure.
OP said the cover is off, just can't see the back of the socket.

I've done it once but I forget, I think the socket is quite far forward of the hole. Also, and this could be wrong, I think you have to reach up and toward the outboard direction and feel the socket. I remember it being a little difficult.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reach up into the hole and towards the outside of the van. It's easier if you try to reach for the wires and follow them to the socket. It's a bit rough to pull out on the driver side, but not too bad. I suggest getting a good long life bulb so you don't have to do it again any time soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all. I finally changed the bulb. You really have to fish around in there to find a rubbery square-ish socket. It is one of those things where if you do it once, then you will know how to do it forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.