Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have a 1985 Power Ram D150 4x4

:help:

The manual lock-out hubs in the front no longer work. all the other 4x4 components work but the front wheels wont engage. I can easily order the parts needed to replace the hubs but I would like more info on how to replace the hubs (such as a tutorial or a step-by-step guide). I am a total beginner on this stuff so any INFO about the lock-out hubs would be helpful.

thanks,
Chris

:gr_patrio

·
Registered
98 Posts
turn to unlock, take out the screws around the face of hub, pull out slowly,watch spring & locks locations, install new in reverse order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its that easy? is the actual hub just one big already assembled piece? so you just place the large hub piece and have only a few spings and little parts to tinker with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if your 85 is the same as mine all you do if take the hab cap off including the smalled center piece, then u will see alot of grease inside the hub, then u will see a bunch of confusing looking crap, :) ,wat u need to do is there is a snap ring that needs to come out first , the the bigger metal piece pulls out, the theres a big nut looking thing that unscrew out followed by a washer and another nut like thing the u will feel the whole hub move away but u need to hold it and remove the inner bearing that will just pull out,o and i forgot to tell u, u need to remover the brake caliper from the rotor because it may come out as one piece.

i think thats what u are trying to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.