DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am planning on getting an SRT10 bumper for my truck and I am going to do the labor myself. I want to take the stock bumper cover off. I looked underneath and saw that the frame is attached to mounting brackets which have stuff bolted to them. I want to take off just the cover and leave all the brackets and the support beam in place. How do I get it off with out taking everything else off? How many bolts am I going to be taking off and where are they? If someone out there has done this please chime in. I did a search for this but I can't find enough details. Thanks in advance!
Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
take out all things that attach the bumper to the truck...

sorry

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol gee thanks, that clears everything up now! I should have though of that before.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
lol thats what im here for to make everyones life easier

·
Victims arent we all
1,826 Posts
search function is right under the garage section on the header of this page,
look up srt front bumper install, that might have something

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already did a search, but I didnt find enough detailed info.

·
Victims arent we all
1,826 Posts
its got two bolts in the wheel wells on both sides, then use a pair of pliers and get under the front of the truck behind the metal part of the bumper and pinch and plastic push the clips attached to the bumper upward to pop the covor off, that should be it

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So its just the 2 - T25 bolts that are in the wheel well and thats it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Take off the 4 (I believe) 18mm bolts on the two sides where the frame connects to the bumper. Them take off the two torx from out of the fenderwells and pull hard. Make sure you unplug your foglights. Then when the whole bumper is off take off the reinforcemets an youre done. A total of 8 bolts and 4 torxs screws... very easy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.