DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to remove the headlight switch so that I can access the wiring and install a switched jumper between the fog lamp and the parking lamp circuits. Then I can flip a switch on the dash and have the fog lamps on with high beams when I wish to.

Can anybody help me with the proper method of removing the headlight switch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't have your answer, but I'd like to hear more about your mod. I'm good mechanicaly but electrical has always stumped me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
somebody posted this a while ago

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
From what I hear, the 06's are different. I havent seen or heard of anyone doing this mod in the 06s yet. So he is trying to do the same thing but a lil differently. :)

KB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TexasAxMan said:
I don't have your answer, but I'd like to hear more about your mod. I'm good mechanicaly but electrical has always stumped me.
It should be pretty easy if I can get the headlight switch off or get access to the back of it. Once it is off, I will have to use my multi-meter to find the right circuits to jumper but it should not be a problem. The plan is to have a convenient extra switch inside the cab, when the switch is on, then the fog lights will work anytime the parking lights are on- hi or low beam, then when you turn the extra switch off, it will work like stock.

I am going out of town for a few days but I should get a chance to pull the switch when I return. I am looking forward to the road trip in my new rig, and to test the mileage on the highway. The first full tank of mixed driving was 13.84 mpg calculator, 13.7 overhead.

One of my hobbies is HAM radio and I build radio transmitters, receivers and amplifiers for fun so I'll bet I can rewire a headlight switch. I was just hoping that somebody knew how to remove these switches so that I don't take a chance on breaking something when I pull it from the dash.

Yes, the fuse boxes on the 06's and 07's are different than the photos that were posted. The idea is still the same but it is a lot better to switch the low amp circuits than the high amp circuits.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go to the Hemi Truck Club website. You can download the entire 2006 service manual there for free (wish I knew that before I spent $50 for it on EBay). They have sections on how to do anything you want with an '06, and the headlight switch removal is in there, along with electrical wiring information. I assume it is the same for your '07. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to take the dash panel off. The switch is held on with three screws. Can't do jumpers as shown for 06's. Everything is in the computer. I installed the Mopar for lights and switch on my 06 and my fogs stay on with the brights. Technically this is not legal in the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.