DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sap, tar and other crap. Finaly got to wash her and the birds had more of a good time sh**ing all over her than i had noticed. Any ideas of how to get it off??.. bird sh** that is! Hopefully this will also take of sap, water stains and the like.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Tar and sap you can remove with goo gone or goo off. I bought goo gone because I believe goo off says it may harm painted surfaces. Goo gone did a great job after I debadged and did not harm paint. You can get it at walmart for like 3 bucks.

·
Banned
2,409 Posts
moparman66 said:
sap, tar and other crap. Finaly got to wash her and the birds had more of a good time sh**ing all over her than i had noticed. Any ideas of how to get it off??.. bird sh** that is! Hopefully this will also take of sap, water stains and the like.
I think I saw a post on here that suggested WD-40 to remove tar.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I wouldn't use any of that shit......use the clay bar...I use Meguire's clay bar system....quick detailer by itself works good too....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Try Mothers Cleaner Wax. I had bug stains that would not come out with claybar and several brands of bug and tar remover. The Mothers Cleaner Wax took them right out.

·
Registered
840 Posts
BTW, do you guy know what that white stuff in bird sh++ is?

Ready....

Here it comes...

It;'s bird Sh++!! LOL!

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Car Wash Soap and Water.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car wash soap and doobie pad did not work. I'l try goo gone and my clay bar, I hate working by the water, seagulls :VHOT:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
WD-40 for tar, sap, etc...

Bird sh!t has acid in it; if you dont remove it soon enough you further the chances of it damaging the paint.

Try here!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Tonight I was at Auto Zone and saw a product made specifically for tar and tree sap. I would think this works on bird droppings too. I'm going back there tomorrow for a clay bar and other stuff, so when I do, I'll be sure to get the name of this new product I saw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.