DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic cant figure out how to raise my RPM'S lol..hes saying its in the computer aand it adjusts it-self..Its now at 2 lines below the 1,000 mark,its starts hard in the cold morning,so im thinking the RPS need to be raised..How do i go about this..? Thx...btw..it started when i got a 49,000 replacement engine just last week..

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
try replacing you plugs... looks like your not getting all the benefits of 8 plugs (if its a v8)

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
what do you want it to idle at????

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
stock? thats 45-5500

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stock is 600... Like others, when cold, starts off a little higher 8-900 for a minute, then will start dropping down as it warms up and cycles the fluids... Everything is adjusted by the computer - all based off of various sensors it monitors... until it reaches operating temperature, it is in a loop - so it will run rich during that time... With the engine being new, it is also breaking itself in, so that may have something to do with it as well... May feel a little sluggish until all things start to loosen up... If after it warms up, the RPM's go back down, I would not worry... as for the hard starts... Hold old is the battery? And do you have an alarm or anything else that might stay on or draw from the battery? When I had hard starts, it was the battery... Lasted 5 strong...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't worry about it. Dodges seem to have unusually low cold start RPM's and an equally unusually short choke cycle. It's not good or bad, just how it is.

·
Registered
644 Posts
there is a way to adjust the idle at least on the 3.9, 5.2, 5.9s, right by the throttle linkage you will see what seems to be a little freeze plug or what looks like one on the throttle body, directly behind this you will see a screw coming out the back and touching the throttle linkage directly off the TB, remove thei little freeze plug looking thing and you will see a Torx bit, turn to the right to slightly raise or the left to lower your idle speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.